Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
BEST Cheesecake in Lakewood

be good

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 9:33 am
As a token of our appreciation for helping us out in a time of need, we would like to buy a cheesecake for a middle aged couple for shavuos. They are both watching their weight/cholesterol, so I want to send something small/mini, but with a very nice presentation, such as decadent fancy toppings, etc.

Any recommendations?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 9:39 am
I had a similar situation with a health-conscious on-a-diet neighbor. Classy Cakes on Clifton Avenue has a cheesecake variety that is whole-wheat and and low-fat, and it looks beautiful and tastes delicious!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 11:37 am
How about flowers? or a low-maintenance plant?

its just, I'm also watching myself and I would rather not be tempted by things that aren't supposed to be on my menu... but not to worry, even if I would get a cheesecake I'd be very appreciative of the kindness!

be good

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:05 pm
Thanks! Any other recommendations (for cheesecake)?

be good

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:07 pm
Puce- I appreciate that suggestion- and will consider it- but I think they would 'feel' the appreciation more through the cheesecake.

mommyla

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:17 pm
Cheese Minis, not lowfat but they're small and delicious! 732-364-3284. Yum

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 4:33 pm
We have gotten cheesecakes (as gifts) several times. And hands down, Classique was the best and most gorgeous. They just changed their name to Lilac and Creme (or something like that) but I am sure they did not change their recipe because it was as close to perfect as you can get IMO. (BTW, we did once get their sugar free cheese cake, but, while it was good, it was nowhere near as good as the regular.)

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 2:05 pm
For regular cheesecake, The Viennese Table is also delicious. The plain or the coffee marble is simply divine.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:55 pm
Viennese Table just changed her name to Batter and Crumb
here is her web site

and here is Classy Cakes.. Even her sugar free products are quite delicious. I don't think what's on this page is everything though. I am sure there are more sugar free choices. And she mostly uses healthy sweeteners vs. Splenda etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics