Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Taking a Halachically Okay Shower on Yom Tov

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:45 pm
Does anyone know what I can/can't do to take a (cold/lukewarm, I guess) shower on Yom Tov?

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:55 pm
Go to YU Torah online

Search shower

There are 48 shiurim

I find r aryeh lebowitz ten minute halacha to be excellent. (you have to scroll down, it's not the first one of his. It's called Showering on Yom Tov

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:57 pm
Thanks!

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:15 pm
Just learnt my rabbis view in a shiur. It's pretty mainstream but obviously that doesn't mean everyone agrees- you can use hot water and liquid soap, don't ring the towel out and it's probably best to avoid washing your hair because it's hard not to ring out but if you need to then don't ring it out and try not to pull hair out.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:00 am
The water temperature should be lukewarm. Use liquid soap (like body wash or baby wash). Stick one limb under the water at a time to wash. Pat dry gently. Be careful not to ring out wet hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions