Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who went to Hogwarts?
Previous  1  2  3  4

debsey

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 3:42 pm
greenfire wrote:
the only class I go to is potions - duh can't you see my cauldron

& my nimbus 2000 is getting as outdated as my father's stationwagon

I wonder if that means my kids will only be allowed to marry into muggles ?!?!

I remember you! I was a First Year when you were in Fourth - I think - I remember there was a long line outside your door at exam times - everyone wanted you to brew them a Memory Potion.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 6:50 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I'd love to see him and Lockhart going at each other.

Puffed up memory-addled showoffs both lol.

Celebrity is as celebrity does.

Okay, this is what I found on Quora today.

Question: Donald Trump meets with Gilderoy Lockhart. What kind of conversation do they have?

Some answers:

Enter Donald Trump, with a bald eagle on his shoulder and camera crews filming his every move.

Enter Gilderoy Lockhart, surrounded by floating pictures of himself, smiling his award-winning smile at his legions of adoring female fans.

Trump: I'm the best. Everyone loves me.

Lockhart: No, I'm the best. You're just an ugly old man.

Trump: Well you're a loser. I'm a winner.

Lockhart: I win everything!

Trump: No, I win everything!

At this point, our protagonists exit, either to make passionate love to each other or to engage in a duel to the death.

Lockhart: Who may you be?

Trump: Hi I am Donald. Who are you?

Lockhart: Obliviate!

Lockhart gets knighted by the queen.

End of story

The world has been saved. Seriously.

Gosh, they even look alike in many ways!!

(On Twitter, side point:

The only way to stop Donald Trump is to destroy his Horcruxes. The wig is definitely one. If you need me I’ll be finding the other six.
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) December 7, 2015

How horrible. Voldemort was nowhere near as bad.
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) December 8, 2015)

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:23 pm
Aw. C'mon Jo. Voldemort was a mass murderer. Trump is more like Umbridge.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:28 pm
That's actually what I was thinking! I can't believe I neglected to post a picture of Trumbridge!

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:40 pm
Lol awesome.

The parallels between Umbridge and trump are much closer. Umbridge likely ruined as many lives as Voldemort did but she did everything legally, which is the horror people are afraid of if trump actually becomes president.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 9:42 pm
Well really, he's a cross breed of Lockhart's and Umbridge's worst traits.

Now THAT's a frightening thought!

debsey

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:
Well really, he's a cross breed of Lockhart's and Umbridge's worst traits.

Now THAT's a frightening thought!

Yeah, he's more Lockhardt to me. I don't see the Umbridge parallel as much. A braggart who has made a name for himself based on dubious achievement who is way too fond of the limelight vs. a soft spoken, prissy sadist? He seems more the former than the latter to me, though either would be a really bad commander in chief!

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:13 pm
Well Umbridge believed that people who weren't like her were inferior beings. She took away their wands and rights and subjected them to torture. She blamed muggles for problems. She was, in short, a racist demagogue.

Replace elfs, half bloods, and mudbloods with certain groups in America, and there you have it...

President Trumpridge! (G-d forbid)

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:59 pm
I insist on the Lockhart comparison, as debsey eloquently put it.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:36 pm
How about a compromise? Personality like Lockhart, consequences of giving him power look like Umbridge?

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
How about a compromise? Personality like Lockhart, consequences of giving him power look like Umbridge?

Maybe. I imagine him more of a nincompoop than a deliberate schemer.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:49 pm
Nah he's a brilliant schemer. He knows exactly which buttons to press to get the mob riled up, he studied the hidden frustrations of the demographics he's captured to know what to say and which issues to speak about so as to earn their fanatic loyalty. They feel like he just 'gets' it.

His simple language - all to resonate with his many uneducated supporters and speak their language. Marketing 101.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:51 pm
Lockhart = the trump who ran his own tv show.
Umbridge = the trump who could potentially craft legislation that would ruin thousands of lives.

Trump is a dangerous hypocrite, pretending he's a rich, affable guy who can use his reputation and money to say horrible things and no one will stop him. What happens when he has the power to do those horrible things? That's way beyond Lockhart territory. Remember, Umbridge cared about looking pretty too. She loved pink and cute kitties. She spoke sweetly and managed to convince two different prime ministers to let her advance through the ministry. She was unapologetically racist and she loved every second of it.

I guess it matters what you believe. Do you believe Trump says crazy things just for attention? Or do you believe he says crazy things because he thinks they are true?

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:55 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Umbridge = the trump who could potentially craft legislation that would ruin thousands of lives.

Trump is a dangerous hypocrite, pretending he's a rich, affable guy who can use his reputation and money to say horrible things and no one will stop him. What happens when he has the power to do those horrible things? That's way beyond Lockhart territory. Remember, Umbridge cared about looking pretty too. She loved pink and cute kitties. She spoke sweetly and managed to convince two different prime ministers to let her advance through the ministry. She was unapologetically racist and she loved every second of it.

I guess it matters what you believe. Do you believe Trump says crazy things just for attention? Or do you believe he says crazy things because he thinks they are true?

I think he believes those ideas to be true but I doubt he will actually bother to carry out his campaign vows.

Somehow the phrase "craft legislation" seems too technical and sophisticated for Trump.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:15 am
I think I'd choose someone from hufflepuff for my children ' shiduchim, they had the best middos!

gp2.0

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:16 am
I think you're underestimating trump.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

debsey

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:18 am
gp2.0 wrote:

When you put it that way, I think he says the things he says more for attention than anything else. Hilary is the one who reminds me of Umbridge, in that she is a career politician type. Umbridge was good at being a political animal, and so is Hilary. And let's face it, they have similar taste in clothes.......If it comes down to a choice between Trump and Hilary, as looks likely, I'll vote for Harry Potter!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics