Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
"Tchup" a problem with tefillin, really?!
Previous  1  2

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
But if you're removing it because you think it's a chatziza in the first place... circular logic.

You're not removing it because you think it's a chatzitza.

Do you shave your legs or get a bikini waxing because you think it's a chatzitza?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
But if you're removing it because you think it's a chatziza in the first place... circular logic.

As I was taught: If you won't go out with hairy legs then we need to remove it for mikvah. But if you never shave or don't do it regularly or thoroughly you don't have to for mikvah (so long as clean or no knots... I guess if you never shave legs it can get very long...).
Once it becomes a chatziza for you then you must remove it.

Eta: so I guess if men always shave down like chassidim do they might need to until it becomes "regular" for the, to go out like that.otherwise men in sefira, aveilus etc can never wear tefilin!

busydev

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 11:13 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
As I was taught: If you won't go out with hairy legs then we need to remove it for mikvah. But if you never shave or don't do it regularly or thoroughly you don't have to for mikvah (so long as clean or no knots... I guess if you never shave legs it can get very long...).
Once it becomes a chatziza for you then you must remove it.

Eta: so I guess if men always shave down like chassidim do they might need to until it becomes "regular" for the, to go out like that.otherwise men in sefira, aveilus etc can never wear tefilin!
oh come on. Do your eyebrow hairs grow very long? Your arm hairs?? Men's also stop at a point. They say to make sure no hair is knotty doesn't mean it would be...

It also depends on the size of the chup if its a problem re:tefillin. Op you or your dh should ask a rav whose holding where you are in life. I've heard of to much hair being a problem if it gets in the way of positioning the tefillin correctly

morningsickness

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 2:17 am
we are chareidi and DH let's his hair grow slightly longer in the front. It curls up in like a cowlick. He looks weird without any hair in the front.

OP, how long of a "tchup" are we talking about? Many men I know have bangs etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions