Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How did you choose your career

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 12:48 pm
After reading the other thread, I would love to hear how you chose your career.

What made you decide to go into a specific field? Did you know you would be good at it? Passionate about it?

I have a part time work from home job. But once my youngest starts school I would love to do something more.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 3:19 pm
I saw the dramatic effects play therapy had on my child and since I sat in on all the other sessions I did it on my other children and started to parent like that. I decided that was my passion and I should get paid for it.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 6:37 pm
I just wandered into it, really. I took a tech support job because I was good with computers and really needed income, then worked and learned until I was programming.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 10:34 am
It kind of found me.
I always knew I loved office work, being organized and doing paperwork etc.
I had several different jobs until I decided where I want to go and am headed in the right direction now and loving it.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 10:40 am
My first career, I took a part time job in college working for an attorney. I needed some money but did not want to wait tables or work in a store. I found that I really liked it and that there was a market for legal work without going to law school. I did that for a bunch of years and decided to try a job in real estate that had a lot of similarities to law. I liked the job but hated the company so I took some time off to have a baby and literally an awesome job fell in my lap. Its a field that I have worked with as a job seeker (recruting) and always wondered if I would like it but didn't know how to get started. Healthcare has its ups and downs some times I think about going full circle and working as a legal recruiter ha.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 10:49 am
What came easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics