Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Frugal gifts for teachers

morahmommy

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 10:41 am
So, this happens every year-I have ka"h a few children in school and once it gets to the end of the year, I get so sad because (for the most part), they've had such good years in school and their teachers are so dedicated. I would love to show my appreciation in some way other than the regular note that I send, but money is so tight this time of the year (actually any time of the year!). I'm also at the end of a pregnancy right now so anything home baked is out of the question- does anyone have any ideas of gifts for five dollars or less than I can give that would be appreciated??? Maybe some teachers who have gotten frugal, meaningful gifts?

imabima

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 11:56 am
Last year I got my kids teachers monogrammed stationary and sticky notes from vistaprint.com. it can be less than $5 depending on what you bye. And I'm also a teacher and would love the same gift. :-)

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:13 pm
I have been teaching for a long time and have gotten everything from red acrylic socks to a Gucci watch and a Louis Vuitton wristlet and by far my favorite tokens of appreciation are thoughtful cards.
I am the english teacher and yesterday our 5 year old students performed in a Siddur Show. In my classroom we put together a book called "My favorite part of Davening Is..."

This is one of the notes I received:

"I have to tell you I have read each and every boys writing about their favorite part of davening I am amazed by them and by your way of teaching them. I don't think there is any other general studies teacher that integrates both Jewish studies and general studies skills the way you do. I'm thankful now and forever. You have given the boys and my son such a strong foundation which BH will lead him to successful growth. I love you and think you are a teacher that you get only once in a lifetime. I had the privilege that my son was in your class, not only you gave him skills... You truly loved humanoid made him feel loved and secured. I was lucky to see everything from the inside, I loved walking into your room, there was always work in progress. We will cherish all the beautiful moments forever. I can't thank you enough."

I would not trade that handwritten note for any gift card.

Optione

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:27 pm
$5 gift card to a coffee shop inside the thank you card. I've both given and received this.

daisy

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 12:41 pm
TJ Maxx and Marshalls have pretty gift items like note pads and pen sets for under $5.00.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 1:13 pm
Ive gotten and given from TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods. What have I loved that I know from my shopping was in your price range? A package of 2 fancy salts, a really pretty small coral bowl (I put paper clips in it on my desk), a memo pad with my initial, a box of fancy tea (4.99), a small pepper grinder with green peppercorns.

israel22

Post Mon, Jun 13 2016, 3:59 am
whatever you do don't tell your kid it was cheap. I was a camp counselor many many summers ago and I had this really difficult kid and at the end of the summer she shows up with one of those little gift bags that have a bear coming out and says thank you on the bag, she takes it to give to me and waves it in my face this is from the dollar store!!! embarrassed

yeah not cool....

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 13 2016, 5:06 am
My friend bought a package of six decorative dessert plates last year. She wrapped each in cellophane with some chocolates and a picture of her daughter with a note on it.
Buying the packages of plates and chocolates was very inexpensive and covered most of her children's teachers.
The previous year she bought picture frames. She put a picture of her daughter inside and attached a note.
Both were significantly cheaper than the class gift that mothers were collecting for.

Having your child write a short note too is also nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics