Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Highlands park New Jersey

eight

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 10:12 pm
Please offer as much info as possible , schools , housing , shopping, community etc

frumama

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:20 pm
Welcoming, friendly and diverse hashkafas. No ones judging and we all get along. There are 2 yeshivas. Yst, is more yeshivish with seporate girls and boys divisions and a by girls hs, renas by. Rpry is mo, coed with preschool-8th grade. There is also a Montisori elementry school in east brunswick, about 15 minutes away. There is a nice large kosher grocery with a butcher and take out as well as a kosher bakery, sushi restaurant and meat restaurant (fast food) and pizza shop. Dunking donuts, Baskin Robins and carvel are all kosher. If your cy, there is a local mom and pop ice cream place that sells cy soft serve too. There are several large supermarket chains in the area that have sizable kosher sections (shoprite kosher experience). There is also small womans clothing store and seforim store.there are 6 shuls +2 more with shabbos MinYan only. It's been a while since I went house hunting here so I'm not sure on prices. But warning, taxes are high. Edison taxes are a ltitle lower. Edison borders hp, and many of the frum community (and 2 of the shuls) are technically in edison. Lakewood, brooklyn and Monsey are about an hour away, so anything you can't get here you can get there. Hope this is helpful.

eight

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:41 pm
Absolutely , thank you so much !

Are families moving in more and more ?
Is the girls and boys school good/ great chol and kodesh education ?
Is there a boys high school?

eight

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:42 pm
What's a good central street that I could then look at real estate etc

frumama

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:48 am
Community is definitely growing, every summer we have more families moving in. The main street that goes through is called Raritan Avenue but the community is quite large and spread out. I would recommend calling Juliet krumholtz , sh is a frum real estate agent here. I don't have her number but if you Google her name I'm sure you can find it.

frumama

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:59 am
There is no community boys hs in town, I don't have high school boys so I'm not sure where they go, I think it varies greatly. I don't know rpry, but yst girls and renas I believe are excellent schools and boys has new both hebrew and English principals this year so things are changing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics