Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ateres by (Monsey) wait list

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 6:45 pm
Tried to apply to ateres for first grade and was told there's a wait list. What does that mean? Is there any real chance of moving up the wait list?

I also applied to yeshiva of spring valley.

These two schools are closest to our hashkafa. I'm considering ashar but afraid the crowd is too left for us. Is there anything else like ateres or ysv?

Planning a move to Monsey and was told to apply to schools before moving so that's what I'm doing.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 6:46 pm
I've heard that lately the crowd at Ashar has moved to the right a bit. It might not be that different from Ateres.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:27 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I've heard that lately the crowd at Ashar has moved to the right a bit. It might not be that different from Ateres.

Really? That would be awesome. I dress pretty tznius, elbows collarbone knees covered. I don't wear socks ever and cover my hair fully except 1-2 inches sometimes.

Dh wears colored shirts. We're not yeshivish and not college educated. Just regular plain frum working class lol.

We watch movies, go to the movies, have Internet, etc.

Our kids are in Lev BY now.

Would we fit into ashar?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 8:29 pm
Op you sound perfect for ysv. Too frum for Asher.

All my siblings in ysv wear skirts right by knee or above and no stockings and TV in homes.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
Op you sound perfect for ysv. Too frum for Asher.

All my siblings in ysv wear skirts right by knee or above and no stockings and TV in homes.

But the teachers and administration are not to accepting of this reality...

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:32 pm
tryinghard wrote:
But the teachers and administration are not to accepting of this reality...

Yeah...I just read the rule book posted online and it instructs women to wear socks at all times, among other things...I am very wary of a school that thinks it has the right to tell the parents how to dress. I am not the type to sign on the dotted line and then do what I want anyway. I want a school that will accept us the way we are and wouldn't presume to tell us how to behave outside of school.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah...I just read the rule book posted online and it instructs women to wear socks at all times, among other things...I am very wary of a school that thinks it has the right to tell the parents how to dress. I am not the type to sign on the dotted line and then do what I want anyway. I want a school that will accept us the way we are and wouldn't presume to tell us how to behave outside of school.

Then YSV is not your school. At all.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:39 pm
Ysv has a list of rules that not one parents follows. I have seen parents meet the principals with no socks on and short skirts and parents not caring because nothing happens to them. Their rules are all just for show.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics