Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help! my 11 month old cries every time I put him in his crib

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 9:58 pm
If I leave when ds is still crying he stops twenty five seconds later and tries to put himself to sleep sometimes I think he's asleep and then he'll give a whimper. Once in a while he will cry stronger after I leave and then I come back and he lays as long as I'm next to him or lay awhile and complain he want to come out. What would help him go to bed more happily?
He was weaned at 9 months and he was upset to give up the night feeding every time he cried he wanted to eat I gave his blanket until now that was how he went to sleep. Fresh diaper, change his cloths, turn on his music give him his blanket and tell him good night this just started. I didnt let him cry himself to sleep what do I do now?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 10:41 pm
His is totally normal. When you go into him when he cries he is learning that 'if I cry mommy will come' That's not a bad thing for a child to learn, but not if you are trying to get him to go to sleep on his own. There are many different schools of thought on sleep training. Roughly it's cry it out (let him cry) or controlled crying (intervals) like Ferber. If decide you want to have him learn to fall asleep without you being there I suggest you research these options and find which (if any) are right for you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics