Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bungalow colony equivalent

Mrs. Sunshine

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 2:37 pm
We've been to a bungalow colony last summer for a week and my kids absolutely loved it! They loved the outdoors, the playgrounds, and specifically the pool! They talked about the bungalow colony all year, how they couldn't wait for it to be summer so they can go back.
The summer has arrived and it does not look like we will be going back :-( It's way way way too expensive, even for a week, and we can not budget for it this year. We did not tell our kids yet.
I was thinking to take them somewhere that's equivalent (somewhat) to the bungalow colony... Even just a place to go swimming.
Any ideas?

sky

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 3:19 pm
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but my kids love the beach. We go at 5:00 on weekdays when they become empty and badges are not required. It is the best part of the summer. I don't let them go real swimming because there are no lifeguards but they can wade in the water and jump waves.

Mrs. Sunshine

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 3:33 pm
That sounds nice, which beach?

sky

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 3:55 pm
I"m in Lakewood - so don't know if it helps. I go to the Mantalok area, if you are in NY maybe NY people can help you out.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 4:48 pm
We took the kids on a two day, one night stay at a water playground hotel in New Jersey one year. Two days of indoor water fun plus an outdoor pool and just pay for one night stay of about $185 for a double bed room and a cot I think. They had a blast.
I brought food along and because it was a short drive away and a short stay I was able to bring food I had already cooked at home like pasta salad, potato salad.. Froze ready single burgers, chicken.. And brought a small George Foreman to grill them on. We all enjoyed ourselves and created nice memories.

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 5:15 pm
Mrs. Sunshine wrote:
That sounds nice, which beach?

Seagate beaches

Mrs. Sunshine

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:08 pm
@ra mom.
What's the name of the place. I think my kids would love that

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 7:11 pm
Coco Key Water Resort in Mt Laurel, NJ.

Mrs. Sunshine

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 8:01 pm
Thank you! We may just do that 😉

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 1:58 am
Maybe someone can rent you a bungalow for a weekend, perhaps at the beginning or end of the summer.

Would your kids enjoy camping? You can find a campsite with water amenities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics