Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What has been your best gift ever

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 1:07 am
MIL's bday is coming up and its a big one BLA"H -70- so we need to come up with something unique- she has everything B"H she needs and her friends are already chipping in for a whole spa day. I want something to mark the occasion. DH and were half joking around about buying 70trees through JNF and give her a plant with the certificate.
Ideas please..
she already has a one of those computer photo albums, and I am not sure she needs more jewelry unless I can find something that I can do like a charm for each grandkid. Don't want to spend more than $150 and that is pushing it to the limit.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 4:35 am
Maybe plan a photo session with all her kids/grand-kids! It makes great memories and the photo session on itself is fun Smile

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 6:08 am
Make a video. If your family is musical, sing. Or go get birthday wishes from people in diff areas of her life. - childhood friends, work colleagues, relatives etc
You'd be amazed at how easy it is to get people to participate.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 8:54 am
Both great ideas- but we just did that for my inlaws "big anniversary".
We thought of doing a Kiddush in shul, but she is not into the idea of the whole neighborhood wishing her a happy birthday.

any other unique ideas out there.

rae

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 9:05 am
UnFarvosNischt wrote:
Maybe plan a photo session with all her kids/grand-kids! It makes great memories and the photo session on itself is fun Smile

I love this idea. Candid, casual portraits with each child and grandchild. Try to have the photographer tie in each photo based on the kids personality or something in common she has with each one.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 9:33 am
make her a movie with the grandkids as actors. have a birthday picnic with her. take her out to eat and get her flowers.

if she has everything she needs, you don't have to spend that much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics