Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which is less aggressive/more considerate?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 5:18 am
We're moving in a couple of weeks- I'm the one who posted about the tenants who are there now not wanting to leave when their lease is up. Dh called them and suddenly they changed their story- they'll paint on Friday, which is what we originally agreed to.

We still need to know how wide the space is for a fridge so we can order it in time, and we'd like to do a little research first. I asked them about it twice in person already on the playground and they keep conveniently forgetting. Since the phone-call settling when they'll give us the keys, they haven't answered the phone or text messages. Options as I see them:

A. Call or text a few more times- if this fails move on to plan B or C

B. Show up on their doorstep and ask to measure it. No clue if it'll be a convenient time or not.

C. Email the landlord and say we haven't been able to reach the tenants, could they maybe tell us the measurement if they have it written somewhere?

Which of these options is assertive without being aggressive? If A, how many more times should we text/call before B or C (and which of B or C)? Is there a fourth option I'm missing? I'm not considering not knowing this measurement. We can't move in without a fridge, there's no way a fridge will arrive in less than 3 business days after ordering, and we need to research models first.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 5:20 am
I would tell the landlord that the tenants are being unresponsive to calls or texts can he please get you this information.

Goldie613

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 9:39 am
Go with "c". It's not lashon hara-y (no negative details being given to the landlord), and the least likely to cause a fuss or fight with anyone.

The landlord should hopefully have the measurements, and if not, they can probably get it from the current tenants.

Good luck with this situation, and hatzlacha on your move Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating