Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Affordable masters program

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:18 pm
Hi does anyone have information about how to get a masters without breaking the bank. I have young kids so ideally the masters would have to be done online. Im looking to get a masters in education but the reputable online programs seem to cost $20k. Thanks

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
Hi does anyone have information about how to get a masters without breaking the bank. I have young kids so ideally the masters would have to be done online. Im looking to get a masters in education but the reputable online programs seem to cost $20k. Thanks

20K a for the whole thing or 20K a year? Either way 20K is not bad. My master's program costed over 60K for the whole thing, and that was considered on the cheaper end compared to other programs.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:48 pm
They all cost around that amount or more than that. Why don't you take out a student loan for the difference between what you can afford and the actual cost?

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:49 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
20K a for the whole thing or 20K a year? Either way 20K is not bad. My master's program costed over 60K for the whole thing, and that was considered on the cheaper end compared to other programs.

She meant for the program. Master's programs in ed are around $23K- 28K online, for the whole program. They aren't expensive usually.

gande

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:29 am
Masters in which field?
Touro university worldwide has a scholarship program. A master in psychology is abt 12k and takes a year. But then you need to do a post masters as well for another 12k or more depending which field you want to specialize in.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:34 am
Aren't there grants for people who want to teach and are willing to commit to working in the public school system for a number of years?

Bruria

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:00 am
If you are in NY, check masters programs at a CUNY( Brooklyn College, Baruch, etc) ,they are way more affordable than any other and are considered good.

enneamom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:07 am
I think the least expensive is TTI, and you can get financial aid.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:11 am
enneamom wrote:
I think the least expensive is TTI, and you can get financial aid.

I know for a bachelors they're one of the most expensive, so I'd be pretty surprised if they're the cheapest for a masters.

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:21 am
Bruria wrote:
If you are in NY, check masters programs at a CUNY( Brooklyn College, Baruch, etc) ,they are way more affordable than any other and are considered good.

I second this and if you're not in NY check out your local city and state colleges. I'm not sure how much of the work you can do online but it should be at least partially available.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:22 am
Another vote for city and state colleges.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics