Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best pacifier for nursing baby

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 10:36 am
What is the best pacifier for an nursing baby? I know they say none but with dd1 we gave her the soothie that they give in the hispital and all was good! she loves it. but im due soon with dc2 and I dont want to give the same pacifier (dd1 is only 15 months and she will think its hers and grab it away from the baby.) what is the next best option? I want to have it with me in the hospital.
TIA!

yksraya

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 10:39 am
I like avent

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 10:47 am
yksraya wrote:
I like avent

so that is the same as what they give in the hospital. I want to do something different.

yksraya

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
so that is the same as what they give in the hospital. I want to do something different.

No, not the big fat soothie that they give, it's bought in the store and looks similar to the MAM

yksraya

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 11:14 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....lufAF

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 11:19 am
thanks!

esther11

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 12:12 pm
I like mam

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 1:06 pm
The gumdrop pacifier is supposed to be the best for nursing babies. My kids wanted only that after trying most others.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 4:41 pm
Lady, I have kah a few children. They each like a different company. Don't give your baby one that YOU like, give her/him one HE/SHE likes! With one of my kids I went through abt 4-5 different kinds untill I figured out which one he likes. You can be lucky that your baby will like what you give, but be prepared to try something else

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:18 pm
My baby did fine with the orthodontic nuk pacifiers. He seemed to like them. Not everyone says pacis are bad btw. If you read the baby books, going to sleep with a pacifier is often listed as one of the ways to reduce the risk of SIDS (no idea if that's actually proven or not, but just saying that not EVERYONE says they're bad). My baby had no problems nursing even though he was given a pacifier.

I very much agree with what tweety1 says. Try one out and try another if your baby doesn't like the first.

rivki

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 2:45 pm
We love these.
You can choose different animals for each child so they don't get mixed up.
They also don't get lost and stay in better. They don't roll away, so often the baby can find them and put it back in by themselves if they fall out. And the babies can hold onto them themselves. And they're so cute Wink
http://www.wubbanub.com/produc.....iers/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics