Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Best dinner restaurants in Stamford hill london

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:55 am
I know there are a few good ones in golders green but is it worth the travel? Or I can find good food closer?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 11:06 am
There are not many restaurants altogether.

There is a nice-ish dairy restaurant in tottenham, can't recall the name at the moment. That is the only one which I have been to for dinner.

There are some pizza shops which are ok, a frozen yogurt shop near manor house (it was ok but not great and not really a dinner place) There might be some meat places - I see there is a place called deli98 but I have never been there.

We usually end up driving into golders green.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 11:15 am
So what's the best in gg that's worth the travel? And how far is it? Can we go by train?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 11:26 am
gg is a bit of a pain by public transport. You can go by train or bus but it involves changing. Check google maps for directions. There are likely a million ways you can do it, depending from where you start from in stamford hill. You need to take a bus to a stop on the northern line.

Metsuyan is really great asian food. Isolabella is a nice dairy place. There are a bunch more that are good as well but those are 2 I have eaten in recently and liked. I also liked white house and pizaza but those are more fast food and loud atmospheres.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 2:54 pm
Sure, plenty of good food in Stamford Hill. Try Kadema restaurant on Clapton Common, great meaty food. Parkside on Grovelands Road in Tottenham is nice too.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 3:05 pm
For meaty, you have Sami's, White House Express, La Fiesta (steakhouse, a bit more expensive but nicer), Hummus Bar, in addition to Metsuyan (which is both Chinese and sushi). For dairy you have Novelllino, So Yo, Isola Bella, all three are nice and good for sit-down meals that are not too expensive, and less fast foody than Pizzaza.

Just bear in mind most restaurants in GG are under LBD or Sephardi or Federation hechsherim, except for a few places under Kedassia (Pepper Grill near Kosher Kingdom is under kedassia if I recall). And if you're going on Sundays (either lunch or dinner) book tables in advance.

Agree public transportation between SH and GG is not optimal. The only workable way is to get minicabs.

littleprincess

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 3:32 pm
In Stamford hill:
Dairy (the nicest) is Parkside. It's located on Groveland road in Tottenham (corner of wargrave avenue)
There's also pizza uri (windus road)
Tasty pizza (amhurst park)
Cremeyo (seven sisters)

Meaty
Deli 98 (high road between Leeland and gladesmore )
Pikanti (oldhil) shwarma
grill on the hill (manor road)
Kadima (Clapton common )
Anshys (Clapton common) - deli type

U can pm me for more info

None of the restaurants here are fancy. Besides for parskside
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics