Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ashar school in monsey

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:57 pm
Does anyone know about this school? What's the crowd like? I have an interview scheduled but I'm afraid we won't fit in.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:17 am
EXCELLENT EDUCATION Surprised

But its a very LW mod orth crowd

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:23 am
I know some families that send their kids there. Some of them are modern orthodox. Some are ex-chasidim. There is a very big mix.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:23 am
Thanks. I see it's only grades 1-8. Any idea where the students go for high school?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:24 am
Great education. MO but I would say RW MO not LW.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:32 am
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if the classes are co Ed until first grade or until 8th grade?

BrachaBatya

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:35 am
It's become increasingly right winged over the last decade or so. Good school, good reputation.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:36 am
Many go to TABC for high school

I met lipa at a hotel pesach.. His son goes there, couldn't stop raving about the place..

BrachaBatya

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:47 am
One thing I should add - at Ashar the kids benefit from a high quality education in the secular areas - science, English, math, etc. I really support this because as we know, many Jewish schools do not emphasize these areas well, and this puts the kids at a disadvantage (IMO). That's a strong suit of Ashar.

nylon

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:53 am
ASHAR is not LW MO. It has moved to the right and I believe a few years ago they went separate from 1st grade.

If you live in Monsey and want more left you need to send to Teaneck. Kids do go to school in Bergen county for HS but not sure where they are going now.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:10 am
I would love more rw -(not yeshivish, just plain Jews who are careful about Halacha there!)
There is a very mixed crowd which is fine o actually appreciate that. I just want a few more kids that my son can relate to. - who won't know the latest movie or latest technology and stuff like that.
Oops I don't want that to come across bad
I've deleted and rewritten several times. Bc there's no other way to say it.

Wish there were more families like that there- I would seriously consider if for my boys.
Im sending this amother - but please Im not Ashar bashing - actually recruiting !!
I apologize if I spoke insensitively Im trying to recruit for Ashar

Maya

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 7:51 am
nylon wrote:
ASHAR is not LW MO. It has moved to the right and I believe a few years ago they went separate from 1st grade.

If you live in Monsey and want more left you need to send to Teaneck. Kids do go to school in Bergen county for HS but not sure where they are going now.

This.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 11:29 am
My son currently goes there. It is an amazing program and we really love it so far. There is a very positive atmosphere and the teachers are so caring. They make learning hands on and so much fun. I have only good things to say. The parent body is a mix. The school has become more right wing than it was years ago. I think RW MO is an accurate description. Right now, I believe the graduating 8th grade class is sending to MTA, TABC, Haichal (new school in Teaneck. Boys and girls are Seperate classes starting in 1st grade. Have you considered any other schools in Monsey? What are your reservations? What makes you think you won't fit in?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 9:01 pm
I would describe us as more "left wing yeshivish" type than RW mo though I guess the two can be pretty similar. I'd see us fitting in great at ateres but they have no room.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:00 pm
We are in Ashar. Have also been in altered and Darchei. Very happy with school. Teachers know how to teach and my sons worship the rebbeim. Warm and happy. Huge mix of families. Done don't cover hair at all- many mothers don't show any hair. Depends on class. If you're kid is at all out of the box is be nervous to send anywhere else b
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics