Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Fight at Kosher supermarket in Brooklyn over daughter

blueberries

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 1:38 pm
A father allegedly punched a manager at a Kosher supermarket in Brooklyn in a wild confrontation apparently sparked by a manager hurling a peach at the man's daughter over a hoverboard at the store.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news......html

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 2:00 pm
http://www.vosizneias.com/241481/2016

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 2:31 pm
Can I ask what's the point of posting this? What are we supposed to be gaining exactly?

Catcher

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 3:04 pm
How bizarre

chanala

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 3:13 pm
Best comment:

"(Father of 24 yo lady who started it) should be im-peached!"

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 3:23 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Can I ask what's the point of posting this? What are we supposed to be gaining exactly?

Yups agree.
I only posted the VIN link to show that there are (at least) 2 sides to a story.

abaker

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 8:45 pm
What a strange incident. I didn't see any peaches being thrown. Just an angry bunch of people and some really shocked yidden. Anyone know what actually happened?

busymom

Post Sat, Jun 18 2016, 11:47 pm
Someone whose relative was there gave me this version of events:
A non-Jewish woman with kids came in to the grocery. Child was on a hover board. The manager approached and said the child cannot be on a hover board inside the store. Kid got off the hover board. Woman screamed at child, "You get right back on!" Manager repeated that kid can either be on the hover board outside the store or off the board inside. The argument between the two escalated. The family got mad, went out and randomly started throwing peaches from a stand. One peach hit a chassidishe guy passing buy, and he picked up another one and threw it right back. That peach hit the girl, causing swelling on her face. When the father showed up, the woman/girl pointed at the manager who had first approached them and the father beat him up. The family called police (their relative is ex-NYPD) and pointed to the manager as the guy who had thrown the peach at the girl. The guy who had thrown the peach had actually just passed by outside, but they were mad at the manager anyways, and one chassidishe guy is as good as another...

Fave

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:04 am
He said...., She said..... I said...... My sisters BFF was there and said......

debsey

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:35 am
From the video that's posted, (the VIN video) it looks like the one man (Soto) is doing all the attacking.....

busymom

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 1:17 am
Fave wrote:

Everyone agrees that the incident started with the manager asking a kid to get off a hover board inside the grocery. Quite a reasonable request and neither side is contesting that.
Both sides also admit that the girl (just read now that she is actually 24 and those kids who were with her are her cousins) got a black eye from a peach after she and the kids started throwing peaches. No he says she says there either.
And there's a video of the girl's father, Soto, attacking the manager, who is not even attempting to fight back (check out how he cowers in the vosizneias link) and is later pictured with bloody nose and hands.
Considering the above facts, and by the look of this Soto guy and the women in his family (who hardly come across as classy people), I find the version I quoted rather believable.

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 2:04 am
Mr Soto looks like a piece of work
After watching the video, Im definitely on the side of the store manager and store employees...

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 6:18 pm
if my daughter walked out of a store with a swollen eye & lacerations - you bet I would be throwing my fist around with a few choice words at the people who did this ... jewish or puerto rican or any colour in between

debsey

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 6:25 pm
greenfire wrote:
if my daughter walked out of a store with a swollen eye & lacerations - you bet I would be throwing my fist around with a few choice words at the people who did this ... jewish or puerto rican or any colour in between
I'd ask some questions before I started swinging my fists! If u r kid was attacked by a puerto Rican person, would you go into the street and hit the first puerto Rican you saw? Or would you ascertain the facts and then call the police?

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 7:32 pm
greenfire wrote:

That's dumb. If the girl started it then she deserved getting hit back.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 4:43 am
Fave wrote:

"I want tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts, where this happened here, they got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars, being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it." - Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics