Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pencil style skirts below the knee for someone 5'7?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 9:49 am
I am 5'7'' and have a very hard time finding pencil style skirts (ie, not a-line) that are long enough. I don't need them very long but want my knees covered when I sit. I usually wear skirts on my hips - unless they have that folded over style at the top. I am expecting now, so would actually prefer something I can wear on my hips under the growing belly (so no zippers - something either with just elastic at the top or folded over waste band).

I own one skirt like that now - it's 36 inches. I guess I could go down to 30 inches but even that is pushing it.

Do skirts like that exist?? thanks!!

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:47 pm
30 inches for a midi skirt is not too hard to find - just google midi pencil skirts and you'll find options. But 36 is not likely at all. That's really more like ankle length for the average person and pencil style ankle length skirts are very uncommon right now.

Most things will have to be modified....

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mi....._page

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:56 pm
you can try marks and spencer. They often have pencil skirts that come in longer and shorter lengths.

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:37 pm
Boden has tall sizes.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:40 pm
The best penicil skirts out there are Lularoe "Cassie" skirts there long enouph under my knee and they have so many Diffrent cool patterns. The way shop thou is thru a consultant if you have Facebook I'll tell u how to find the pages of some Frum consultants. (Nope I am not consultant) just being helpfull reason I'm anon is Bec all my friend know I'm obbsesed w Lularoe skirts and dresses so I don't want to give myself away

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 5:34 pm
Boden does not sell the extra long length the OP wants (their long length pencil is about 25 inches) and the Lularoe Cassie skirt is approx 24 inches.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 6:09 pm
Raisin wrote:
you can try marks and spencer. They often have pencil skirts that come in longer and shorter lengths.

hmm the longest pencil skirt seems to be 27 inches. Which is fine on me, I am 5 5 but I don't know if that is ok for you. Definitely longer then others though. Longer then the pencil denim skirts I get in frum shops.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 11:35 am
I'm 5'10 and have found various ones, Jewish brand or not.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
The best penicil skirts out there are Lularoe "Cassie" skirts there long enouph under my knee and they have so many Diffrent cool patterns. The way shop thou is thru a consultant if you have Facebook I'll tell u how to find the pages of some Frum consultants. (Nope I am not consultant) just being helpfull reason I'm anon is Bec all my friend know I'm obbsesed w Lularoe skirts and dresses so I don't want to give myself away

I don't have Facebook and don't plan on opening an account. Is there another way of finding a Lularoe consultant?

naomi2

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:29 pm
Ann taylor has lots of skirts in tall sizes

cbs880

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 8:06 pm
im the same height as you.

im sure some of these would work:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....Women

besides they are having an additional 40% off today..
good luck!

legalos

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:16 am
Idk where you live but I usually just go to the frum stores in Brooklyn to get these type of skirts. There's a place in Crown Heights called Totally Her (I think) and they sell these skirts from the brand Mrs, which are my favorite. They don't have any zippers, are thin, comfortable and sleek. I would also say Junees.

Also on J.Crew Factory they have something called a "double serge cotton" pencil skirt - they have a few colors and a tall option, which is great.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 11:07 am
cbs880 wrote:
im the same height as you.

im sure some of these would work:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....Women

besides they are having an additional 40% off today..
good luck!

Thank you so much!!! I just ordered the black and grey midi skirts, hope they fit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics