Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flight to Israel- wwyd?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 5:29 pm
Trying to figure out a flight to Israel- my choice is to leave right after Shabbat and get to the airport 2 hours before flight. Its a connecting flight so I would have an 1:40 minute layover.
My other choice is to leave mid day on a weekday and have a five hour layover in turkey.

Don't want to rush after shabbos- plus have to everything packed and ready to go- but really don't want to sit for 5 hours in turkey!(not worried about safety- just wasting time is more of a concern).
Thoughts!

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 5:37 pm
How far are you from the airport, is it a route that regularly has traffic delays? I would hate to make myself crazy to be ready before Shabbos, rush out, and then get stuck in traffic and miss my flight.

I find rushing makes me very nervous, I would prefer to take the midweek flight and waste time in Turkey. It really depends on your personality.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 5:39 pm
Also sometimes when you arrive too close to a flight it flags you as a security risk and you spend even more time going through security so you may really be cutting it close time wise.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 6:19 pm
glutenless wrote:
How far are you from the airport, is it a route that regularly has traffic delays? I would hate to make myself crazy to be ready before Shabbos, rush out, and then get stuck in traffic and miss my flight.

I find rushing makes me very nervous, I would prefer to take the midweek flight and waste time in Turkey. It really depends on your personality.

Since its a Saturday night there should not be too much traffic- unless something crazy happens.....( That would be our luck!)

I prefer the layover also- I hate rushing, but dh prefers not to sit around in the airport- hence the "conflict" of course dh left it up to me (I hate when he does that).

I also think dh is being unrealistic about being ready before Shabbos- he is a last minute packer because of his work schedule.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 6:43 pm
Most airlines open online checking only 24 hours. Will you be able to do this before you leave Motz Shab? Also that's when they allocate seats. Are you planning to ask for assigned seating and pay for it? If you are checking in 2-3hrs before departure, you're almost guaranteed a middle seat all the way in the back near the toilets.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 9:02 pm
Good point about the seats- I think we will be issued seats before hand, but will check.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics