Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Reliable Bklyn dealer who sells/installs Central A/C units?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 11:21 am
Were considering a new unit. I need recommendations. Id consider using someone who I see a few people are happy with.

Whats the approximate cost of the unit and installation for one 3 bedroom apartment (1500 s.f.) in a 3 family house?

Thanks.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:48 pm
We bought a unit from the Buzz many years ago. They installed it, and we were quite happy with the experience. We were somewhat desperate at the time, so didn't shop around much on pricing.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 5:59 pm
I was told that when replacing Central Air Conditioning, you have to replace the outdoor unit (about 2-3,000), and part of the furnace/boiler in boiler room (about 1,000), that works with the central unit. Is that accurate?

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 6:08 pm
Oh sorry I didn't realize you were asking about central. We bought a wall unit from the Buzz. Replacing central units will definitely cost much more; make sure you get somebody who specializes in that, and gives a warranty to stand behind their work.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 6:20 pm
doctorima wrote:
Oh sorry I didn't realize you were asking about central. We bought a wall unit from the Buzz. Replacing central units will definitely cost much more; make sure you get somebody who specializes in that, and gives a warranty to stand behind their work.

NP, thanks anyhow, but I was wondering. I didnt think Buzz sold central units.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 1:07 pm
BUMP

Any recommendations for company that sells and installs central air conditioning in or near BP?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 9:34 pm
Is it an existing central a/c unit that needs replacing, or are you installing central when you previously used some other form of airconditioning?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:15 am
amother wrote:
Is it an existing central a/c unit that needs replacing, or are you installing central when you previously used some other form of airconditioning?

We have central but unit is old and probably will need to be replaced. But before I replace, Id like to get an honest expert to take a good look and offer their opinion.

Years ago someone Reichman in BP, was considered popular for central units. Are they still popular?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics