Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Leg pain / growth spurt

muss

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:34 pm
My dd every so often has a lot of pain in her legs. We keep saying it's because she's having a growth spurt. Did anyone's kids have it and is there anything I can do to help it. Very often she would just cry in agony.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:00 am
We've had that. Check with your pediatrician to make sure it's not a concern, but it's probably nothing to worry about.

If she's crying in pain then give her some Advil or Tylenol to take the edge off. Also massage cream into the area that hurts. Even if it's largely ineffective it will help because it makes your child feel like you are doing something to help her feel better.

familyfirst

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:02 am
We had it. Our pediatrician told us that it could be s sign of dehydration

Have her drink a iconic water when this happens. It helped out son

familyfirst

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:03 am
Typo- a cup of water:)

SingALong

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:08 am
Ds had severe knee pain, turned out to be strep. I'd culture your dd to rule it out.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 4:51 pm
Growing pains that make her cry are not just growing pains. I had a lot of pains as a child, and the doctors all said it was growing pains. Turns out it wasn't and I actually have a lot of joint problems, but they were only diagnosed when I was adult - had they been diagnosed earlier, I would have significantly less limitations and pain today.

Please, please don't stop getting this checked out until you find an answer. What your daughter has is not normal, even if your doctor didn't find anything wrong. It doesn't have to be anything serious, but treating even something minor today could make a big difference in her life later. . .

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 5:56 pm
Is the pain in the joints, or is it a muscle spasm?

If it's in the muscle (most likely the calf muscle), both DD and I had that a lot when growing up. Take a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement every single night. If that doesn't work, take extra magnesium with it.

If it's joint pain, you'll need to take her to a rheumatalogist (sp?).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics