Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for nice quaint vacation near NYC

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:57 pm
Hi there. I'm looking for a nice outdoorsy quaint type of short vacation for hubby and I and our 2 little ones within 2 hours of NYC. Like a cabin type of thing that we can stay in for 1-2 nights that has nature things to do, lots of grass around that we can just sit on and eat together outside, a lake with small boats and lifejackets would be great, a nature trail, that kind of thing. Bike rentals nearby with seats for babies would be wonderful.

I prefer a more secluded area where we can be by ourselves outside and not with a hotel full of people, but also would like nice accommodations like air conditioning and basic amenities like towels, linens, soap, etc.

Anyone know of such a thing??

greengrapes

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 12:57 am
Im looking for that exact same thing! Lemme know if u find it

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 2:16 am
The search is on!!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 6:48 am
Places like that exist, but not so close to NYC.

miri36

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:15 am
Lake George I think is 3 hours.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:26 am
The poconos?

Many government parks rent cabins, but you have to bring your own linen towels etc.

greengrapes

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:58 am
which government park rents cabins? N what kind of cabin? Im a city girl I need air conditioning

greengrapes

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:59 am
Any numbers or leads wld b greatly appreciated. Lake George or poconos sound nice

saw50st8

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:19 am
Bear Mountain has cabins for rent.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:09 am
search VRBO. Lots of options like that. Just narrow your criteria.

losingweight

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:09 am
Jiminy peak resort. It's in the Berkshire mountains.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:43 am
Last year we went to new paltz and that sounds perfect. Its around 40 min from Monsey. We stayed in a VRBO little cottage, although I would not recommend that again bec bugs and an outhouse, otherwise was cute. We did a hike, a petting zoo and berry picking in Ulster county and then some window shopping in new paltz which is like a collegy town. Cute vacation spot

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:14 pm
Would love to do this! Would it work over a short weekend? Half a day friday, Shabbos and Sunday. Or wait.... Minyan. Okey doke I'll add this to my eventually vacation spots!
Any idea where we could find such a place that is within walking distance to a minyan? Or that's for sure not an option? I should make a spin off thread Smile

Maya

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:17 pm
We try to find a house on Airbnb or Homeaway that meets all the needed criteria, then check out attractions in the area.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:43 pm
For a minyan look near hunter shul in NY

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:55 pm
Did anyone find anything? I just went to vrbo.com. It's a cool idea but is there any way to put in "2 hours from me" rather than a specific location? I don't know where to go-that's exactly what I need help with, so I don't know what to put in for that. Also can I filter it for a place with a pool? When I tried doing that it was grayed out and didn't let me select that.

I am looking for a quaint type of house/cabin that comes with basic amenities like linens, towels, and toilet paper, that has a pool and some attractions nearby. We have a 4 year old and a baby.

sky

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 10:34 am
If it was grayed out it means it isn't available. I find pools sell out more in advance so if you are very last minute it is harder.

What you can do is put in a location and then view the listings on a map and zoom in and out and move to different areas and it will refresh the listings.

Also at the bottom of the listings there is an option to expand the search to a larger area. or at the top when it shows the location (I.e. New York->Poconos->Tannersville) you can click on any name in the listing of locations and it will expand the search. Like if you click on Poconos it will select the entire poconos region. (You can then zoom in on the map to select a subset of it)

Just be aware that many pools listed are community pools - there is no way to filter private and community pools so read the description well or ask.

We rented a house recently in Pennsylvania with a fire pit and creek for very cheap it was so much fun. Lots of amish people living nearby. It was amazing.

I'd like to do one over a shabbos but I'm having a hard time finding what we would like next too a shul and not too expensive. I guess I'm too last minute.
some of the pocono listings show synagogues as an area attraction but I have a feeling they are a reform one in the area.

Anyone ever have any luck finding near East Strousburg - either the shul or chabad?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics