Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Anyone Tried ObiTalk Free Home Phone Service?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:01 pm
Since we barely ever use our landline I'm thinking of switching to Obitalk which means transferring our home number to google voice and then onto Obi200.

Has anyone done it? Is it really free?

gibberish

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 10:15 pm
Yes, I use it and it's free

TeachersNotebook

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:01 pm
Yup, we used it and its free. I believe that is when we paid less than $5/month for 911 location services. Don't remember. But the Obi was free and it worked.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:11 pm
It worked great for about a day and stopped. We get so few legit phone calls anyway, I haven't taken the time yet to figure out what happened. I'm sure it's fixable. But you need to have patience for tech-savvy stuff to figure out how to work with it when things go wrong.

momX4

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:16 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
It worked great for about a day and stopped. We get so few legit phone calls anyway, I haven't taken the time yet to figure out what happened. I'm sure it's fixable. But you need to have patience for tech-savvy stuff to figure out how to work with it when things go wrong.

If you have OBI100 and you are getting an error message and you are interested in fixing it, pm me. It would take less than 5 min to get it working again.

ludicrous

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 1:51 am
I have it. sometimes it doesn't work if the internet connection is giving me problems, but it works for the most part. sometimes I have to reconfigure it which could be frustrating, but those times are few and far between. yes it is free

Smile1234

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 5:01 am
I have it and am very happy with it. Make sure you have a way to call 911 though. (I'm in israel so not relevant for me but it's important if you live in the states.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics