Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Best twin stroller?
Previous  1  2

gande

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:31 am
Please look into the city mini again. The seat lays back almost all the way and the canopy pro ides good protection for newborns. U can put car seat adapters as well. It is actually very comfortable for old toddlers since they have ample space in the front of Carriage for their legs.
I used to put mine in the trunk of a Honda civic (smallest car) plus we had place for suitcases. I think it's a good all in one stroller and you might be able to get an older model for a better price.
Buying Cheap or trying out a few minutes in store and buying on a whim is not a good idea financially. You will have to replace it much faster. But what u see people using in the street.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:51 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for all the input:

Double city mini, I've heard that it doesn't lay all the way flat for infants, and it doesn't sit up all the way straight for bigger kids who want to be really sitting to see the world - how do you find that?

Mountain Buggy - I think it is out of my range as well as the Stroll air my duo, and of course, the bugaboo donkey Smile

Can the Valco ultra snap duo hold 2 car seats? Or only one?

Regarding the InStep and the Zobo - I'm not a name brand person. I don't care about that, but if they are significantly less than other side by side doubles like the citi mini, valco, britax double - what are they missing? I'd love to go with something cheaper, but I just want to make sure that I'm not losing any major components from what I'll need. It could be I'm looking for something that can do too many things at the same time...

I'll need to fold it in the car (4 door sedan for now - here is to hoping that I'll be able to configure 3 car seats in the back) frequently, but also want it to be sturdy and easy enough to push for a good walk...

I'll take any further feedback Smile

Thanks!!

regarding the instep, it's missing the name. seriously. also, it's bulky and heavy. that means it's a fairly wide stroller, but it's certainly not the only one out there. the weight does not matter when pushing or even bumping up stairs, the air tires make that relatively easy. I find lightweight strollers more difficult to maneuver, so the weight of the stroller can actually be a plus. if you plan to get a snap n go for the car anyway, you don't need to worry about lifting it into the trunk, although I used to do that anyway.

when I had the double, it didn't have trays for the kids or parents and the shade was limited in mobility. they have added the trays (making the handle height taller, another plus), separated the sunshades and made them fully mobile. they've also improved the divider between the seats themselves, which will allow for more variety in recline angle. it reclines very nearly fully, I have used it with a newborn with no problem. the five point harness works well and is solid. the storage underneath is useful, you may have to load from the side. you can easily push two kids in it with one hand (I've actually pushed four kids at a time in it with no problem, just lie the seat back and have one kid sit behind the other). it folds easily, they even added handles to lift it with when folded. the front wheel can be locked for jogging. the parent tray has a little compartment with a hole in the lid for headphones if you like to listen to music while walking/jogging. when I had the double, I used it for 2-3 hours a day. I wouldn't have been able to push a standard double for that long. my kids used to nap during that daily walk. the foot rest makes a handy seat for you if you are on a trip and need to rest your feet. I currently use the single for my youngest, who is too old for a stroller on a regular basis. I've been using it with her for 3.5 years. it's still in great condition. it came in handy when my older daughter sprained her foot over y't and we had to go far for a meal. the 8 yr old and 4 yr old both sat in the stroller for a twenty minute walk. I was still able to push with one hand, though I did prefer it with two. and yes, they were way over the weight limit.

as far as I'm concerned, the other brands charge what they do because they can. I have had more expensive european style strollers and hated them. I haven't seen a difference in quality between the brands at all. instep lasts for years and is great if you walk a lot. and the price allows for an extra smaller stroller for the times you need one.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 7:56 am
Gande - to the best of my knowledge, the citi mini can only take one car seat.

MummieDearest - thank you very much for the comprehensive review. It is good to know that there is a more affordable option, and you are right about at least for the first 6 months or so not needing to worry about folding it into the car if we also get the double snap n go.

Thanks.

CH!

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 11:31 am
My Bumbleride Indie Twin is over 5 years old and going strong! I love the classy look, its built really well and it has been through a LOT in Israel- buses, stairs, kids, packages..... I got a great deal on my latest single- the Bumbleride Indie 4 at strollerdepot.com (Ask for Ryan)

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, I think its time to go to babies r us and push some strollers around.

Thank you very much!

What did you decide on?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:01 pm
I vote for the mountain buggy. It's very practical easy to wash and narrow. I love it!
$500
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more