Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Broken doll within a week - store refuses to return
Previous  1  2

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:06 am
The store could take it back, then call the company and have a credit applied to their account.
If they don't want to do that (they may owe them money or this may be a doll that they ordered a long time ago), you can call the company yourself.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 1:15 pm
stores have depreciation allowance - people do not ... a doll should be able to do more than sit on a shelf - even if some kids are rough handlers a week is a joke ... although some things are made cheaply due to the disposable world we have created

call the company - if they value the customer they will replace the doll even though the store should have done the same and forward the issue to the company as the go between

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 1:26 pm
If a product doesn't meet my reasonable expectations I call the company. Toys should last more than a week at least unless it's a dollar store toy. Companies have spare parts and usually want to know how to improve their products. I have gotten replacement pieces for toys or coupons (when I bought a food item that came spoiled).
But the store should have taken it back. Now that you know they won't, don't shop there and let them know why. Go to toys r us,target, Walmart etc which try to keep customers as they KNOW there are other options. Many frum stores (assumption here that it's a frum place) assume that they have a captive audience who won't go elsewhere "so as to give business to the yid". I won't buy there if it is way overpriced, bad customer service or bad selection/product quality. So they don't "aim to please" the same way...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics