Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Crazy shidduch questions you were asked
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:12 pm
I know someone who was asked if she gets her period each month and at what age she got it.

little_mage

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:15 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
That is a valid question. So many times, people hide that they are on mess, whih sometimes results in divorce when the spouse finds out.

As for the question op was asked- a heart condition because the boy leads a healthful lifestyle- that is absolutely ridiculous in my book! I wonder if the family that asked about it is the kind of family who thinks potato kugel is a vegetable Rolling Eyes

Disclaimer: I never went through the shidduch system.

I'm of two minds about asking about meds, etc. On the one hand, I do think it's a legitimate question that a future spouse should know the answer to before a marriage. On the other hand, that's not the business of every person I meet. I would be wary about having that information given to a person who I may never spend anytime with, or only a couple of hours.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:23 pm
What kind of fruit would you describe her as?

one call I got:

What extracurricular job did she have in high school? What type of girls got that job? Was she a 95-100 student or a 90-95 student? Why didn't she go to seminary?

And barely ANY questions on her middos or personality. ;(

mommyla

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of fruit would you describe her as?(

Scratching Head What kind of answer would be satisfactory? What makes a nectarine better than a plum? Or is that more of a body-shape kind of question?

Wow, I wish someone would ask me that question. Passion fruit! Ugli fruit! Tomato! The great answers are boundless Very Happy Twisted Evil

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:29 pm
I was asked if my BT parents became frum BEFORE I was conceived or after.

boysrus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:30 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of fruit would you describe her as?

;(

that's a most unusual question.......... crazy!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:30 pm
zaq wrote:
That's easy--every girl would be a gazelle. Beautiful, graceful, swift, eidel, kosher and yearning for G-d. "keayal taarog al afikei mayim, ken nafshi taarog elecha Elokim."

You're welcome. Feel free to use this should the opportunity arise.

I need to save this!!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:37 pm
this is the funniest............people are really crzy out there.......wonder what they think when they ask these questions............

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:55 pm
I was asked if she walks nicely in heels!

animeme

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 3:59 pm
The meds question: Many people are told they must reveal a condition, but should reveal only after a few dates (I'm assuming it's not a bshow that leads directly to engagement). How can they do this if they are asked about meds right away? Also, people should be aware that there are meds that can be used for several different things.

The fruit and animal questions likely say more about the person answering than the person they're about.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:01 pm
justcallmeima wrote:
I was asked if my BT parents became frum BEFORE I was conceived or after.

Very rude question, they were probably trying to figure out if you were conceived during niddah.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:04 pm
I know someone who was asked what kind of car her father drives...ugh.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:07 pm
[quote="amother"]I know someone who was asked if she gets her period each month and at what age she got it.[/quote

Well I do know a girl who doesn't get her period I don't remember now why she doesn't but she can't have kids. She was told she doesn't have to tell until it is serious.
The when she first got her period is ridiculous.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:20 pm
I was asked how she walks. When I responded "what do you mean how she walks?" She asked, compared to this and this girl, how does she walk?....

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:49 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 4:53 pm
I got a call about my machatanim (My DD married their DS) I was asked how big the diamond they gave to DILs were and the quality of the bracelet.
I was also asked about the flowers the parents gave at the vort. How large and the type of flowers. I kind of told them in a nice way this family is not for them. I dont remember the flowers because I didnt care, my DD got a gem of a boy and his family is the best really cant get any better.

farina

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:01 pm
On my first date w my Dh I wore flat shoes.then my mil asked my neighbor if there is something wrong w my fret bc I didn't wear heels. Now it's a family joke whenever I wear flats!

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:17 pm
When I was in shidduchim two decades ago (!) a neighbor called my mom to ask if the boy had to be emotionally stable. She was a little surprised when my mom said, "Yes, absolutely."

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:18 pm
kenz wrote:
When I was in shidduchim two decades ago (!) a neighbor called my mom to ask if the boy had to be emotionally stable. She was a little surprised when my mom said, "Yes, absolutely."

Wait, what?

Was your neighbor emotionally stable herself?

browser

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:24 pm
I was asked who I can compare her to. The boys mother and I knew very few people in common. But she insisted on asking is she more like so and so or so and so...
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics