Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Crazy shidduch questions you were asked
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

bluebird

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:30 pm
I would love to hear the thought process or stories behind why people came up with these questions. "My first daughter-in-law doesn't have a theme for her shalach manos! We can't have another like that in the family!"

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:33 pm
When my kids hit shidduchim, I'm going to ask what Hogwarts house they most likely would have been sorted into. Only Ravenclaws for my special snowflake kinderlach!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:49 pm
Tan, are you my sil? My dh has a unibrow too. When he raises his eyebrows my kids say his bird is flying away LOL eta, I think my dh is very good looking, unibrow or no

Most of these questions just have me going huh?

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:52 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
I wasn't asked anything weird either but my good friend was asked what bra size she is.
Rolling Laughter

This shiduch would get a big fat "no" from me...

yksraya

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:55 pm
I think some ppl ask wierd questions out of nervousness or excitement.

Others have peer pressure so ask money or size related questions.

Some are scared so ask medically related questions.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 5:58 pm
My friend was asked about me how often I work out, if I ever eat unhealthy food...all kinds of health related questions.
I was a size 2 and the type who could eat whatever I wanted and stay skinny (oh, those good ol' days!) and I happened to go to Curves once a week for exercise, but the mother said that she is a personal trainer and only wants someone who has a much tougher exercise regimen and who only ate healthy food at all times!

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:18 pm
I was asked how regular my period is on a first date. I didn't go on a 2nd date with him.

I was asked for my measurements by shadchanim.

I was asked by a guy on the phone asking for a date if I touch myself. And I didn't understand what he was asking (I guess I was kind of sheltered) and said of course, how could you wash yourself if you don't touch yourself? And he elaborated what kind of touching he was talking about. I didn't go out with him.

I'm a redhead and I was asked by several guys if my pubic hair matches my head hair.

Apparently people think redheads are super s-xual or something. I was asked about that too.

I hated the shidduch parsha. I found it so demeaning and dehumanizing.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:39 pm
amother wrote:
I was asked how regular my period is on a first date. I didn't go on a 2nd date with him.

I was asked by a guy on the phone asking for a date if I touch myself. And I didn't understand what he was asking (I guess I was kind of sheltered) and said of course, how could you wash yourself if you don't touch yourself? And he elaborated what kind of touching he was talking about. I didn't go out with him.

I'm a redhead and I was asked by several guys if my pubic hair matches my head hair.

Apparently people think redheads are super s-xual or something. I was asked about that too.

Omg this is traumatizing! I can't believe peppe were so disrespectful!

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:

This is horrific!! That's awful that you had to go through this. For everyone reading, please be aware that this is absolutely the exception for those who shidduch date, not the norm at all!!!

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:

That is horrible.

I actually had really upsetting incidents too re shidduchim, though not nearly as bad as you. After a while I dumped the whole shidduch system. Met my husband on my own bH, dated for as long as I needed to w no pressure from a shadchan. It felt so much more humanizing than the degradation so many girls go through as they try to get married.

kenz

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:09 pm
amother wrote:
Wait, what?

Was your neighbor emotionally stable herself?

Lol. I don't know, she always seemed like a pretty together person but after that question I had my doubts.

Volunteer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:18 pm
Some questions I was asked about myself by men on dates:

"What is the most un-tzniut thing in the world, that people think is okay?" His answer: ballet. The reason stemmed from his *personal feelings* about ballerinas en pointe. I told him I only dance with women, and he said (in a creepy voice), "you could dance for ME only after we get married. "

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:19 pm
Are you fit for a kohen? (Exact words)

Volunteer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:24 pm
On the first phone call: what is your opinion about Zionism, and why? I told him that I consider myself a religious Zionist, and he went on and on about how much he disagrees. I couldn't get him to stop.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:24 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
Are you fit for a kohen? (Exact words)

Puke Puke Puke

Some men should not be getting married.

Volunteer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:28 pm
On a date:
Do you think that a girl who is ugly can be helped with makeup, hair styling, clothes, etc. Or is she stuck with how she looks no matter what? His answer: They can do miracles these days!

Volunteer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:35 pm
On a date:
What bracha do you say for guacamole? What about papaya? Does hamotzi cover water you drink with your meal?

Volunteer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 8:37 pm
Why don't you wear mid calf length skirts? My answer: because I look bad in them!

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:02 pm
[quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
I know someone who was asked if she gets her period each month and at what age she got it.[/quote

Well I do know a girl who doesn't get her period I don't remember now why she doesn't but she can't have kids. She was told she doesn't have to tell until it is serious.
The when she first got her period is ridiculous.

I got it late and wasn't ever regular but BH didn't have any issues conceiving. Such a personal question that could be found out by asking if there are medical issues. But why not ask unnecessary and invasive questions?

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 9:34 pm
Someone asked me about a friend of mine: "So how's her complexion, does she have a clear complexion?" I was like What
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics