Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Arranged (TV Show)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chavamom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:55 pm
Didn't they rent a furnished apartment? It could be that they don't have room for the second bed

debsey

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:58 pm
chavamom wrote:
Didn't they rent a furnished apartment? It could be that they don't have room for the second bed

It's one of those things that most Orthodox couples take into account, no? That part just seems unrealistic.

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:06 am
It would not be the first couple to have one sleep on a futon or couch while niddah.

estibesty

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 1:38 am
So appetently vikki friend said on Facebook that this apt there film in was not even there apt they live in far rock away but for filming they stay there Bec the landlord don't want production in the apt. So it was a furnished apt that they never really stay in hmmm makes sence now

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 2:21 am
That makes staying over in Far Rockaway more understandable too.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 6:59 am
estibesty wrote:
So appetently vikki friend said on Facebook that this apt there film in was not even there apt they live in far rock away but for filming they stay there Bec the landlord don't want production in the apt. So it was a furnished apt that they never really stay in hmmm makes sence now

Where can we see the friends post? That just stirs up a million more questions. Why go furniture shopping only to argue about money and buying candles for the apartment? And mezuzahs. Why not go out and do something fun for the cameras? Why so much arguing?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 9:54 am
Wow so basically.... this show is fake. Like most reality shows. Not a realistic portrayal of their life at all. They go to an apartment to stage scenes. Bleh.

pause

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
Where can we see the friends post? That just stirs up a million more questions. Why go furniture shopping only to argue about money and buying candles for the apartment? And mezuzahs. Why not go out and do something fun for the cameras? Why so much arguing?
They didn't go furniture shopping. THey actually went shopping for decor to make it feel more homey, which may be true regarding their real apartment.

pause

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:15 pm
chavamom wrote:
It would not be the first couple to have one sleep on a futon or couch while niddah.
The problem wasn't him sleeping on the couch, though I do htink it's not so common. Why did he need to place the cushions on the floor in order to sleep?

And did anyone else notice how she didn't have her hair covered when Ben came home and wanted to kiss her but later on in the house she does? Like, if they hold she needs to cover her hair at home in nidda, then why didn't she do it right away?
And she didn't become nidda after her wedding? That's already too complicated for a TV show, huh?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:22 pm
Oh my gosh I didn't even think of that! Yes that looked soooo pathetic! Why didn't he just sleep on the couch??? Ha!

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:43 pm
Omg, you ladies. She's wearing a fall with hair pulled over it in those scenes. That's how she covers her hair irl.

pause

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 12:49 pm
chavamom wrote:
Omg, you ladies. She's wearing a fall with hair pulled over it in those scenes. That's how she covers her hair irl.
Oh right. My mistake.

israel22

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 2:54 pm
its just getting worse and worse........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhy2sWpX88

this is not common unless im missing somthing....

pause

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:00 pm
israel22 wrote:
its just getting worse and worse........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhy2sWpX88

He's asking for a heter for BC. Not common? Read some imamother posts...

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:00 pm
israel22 wrote:

He's asking for a heter for birth control. That's very common.

israel22

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
He's asking for a heter for birth control. That's very common.

yeah but on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't they pick any topics that don't make us sound crazy considering is wife doesn't sound on board with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:55 pm
This continues to be humiliating and infuriating!

To those defending: I don't hear anyone asking for them to portray everything as rosy, but at least as realistic. Niddah can be hard, for sure. But they're not saying that. They're making statements b'klal that "half your marriage is spent emotionally distant" instead of something like "it can be really hard to be close emotionally when you can't touch." Show separate beds, fine (though for the life of me I can't imagine why any couple with any sense of dignity would sign up for a show like this in the first place, showing their bedroom or not), but show the husband making a bed of pillows... on the floor... in another room... and saying goodnight to his wife as she goes to another room to sleep... in the apartment that is supposedly their home? That is not "oh we're unexpectedly niddah while traveling and need to scramble for a futon or air mattress or couch." Ridiculous.

It's also interesting (and sad) to note the portrayal of this couple/Jewish customs compared to the other couples and their respective cultures.

When the Texas woman swears and acts controlling and crazy, it's very much seen as "that's her and that's her problem" not "all Texas women are like that." When Ben is asking Vicky to cut down on phone and social media posting, it's because he's controlling and enforcing Jewish standards of modesty. It's a Jewish thing, not a Ben thing.

When the Indian couple had the family lohri (sp?) ceremony, it was presented as a nice family time and a cultural tradition for marking new beginnings that enhances the lives of its participants. Jewish customs are presented through the lens of "look at these freaks and what they do. It's so weird and affects their lives so negatively"

And the BC heter... another flagrant breach of tznius, but fine, discuss your intimate life on TV if you wish. But making statements like, "If the rabbi says we have to have children now it would be devastating to us"
Like the rabbi is the pope making some kind of infallible decree? Like the emotional impact of a psak is not taken into account when a rav is paskening? I am not part of the MO world, but give me a break that educated, grew up secular, seemingly very to the left-MO people are blindly following the commands of a rabbi like this or that that is how MO rabbis pasken.

I can't even.

pause

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:59 pm
The show is based on reality. IOW, there's some resemblance to Jewish life seen on that show.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 9:08 pm
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one furious at this couple who are ridiculing themselves and making the biggest chillul Hashem I've even seen on national TV coming from "modern orthodox Jews". Would not be surprised if they end up divorced.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one furious at this couple who are ridiculing themselves and making the biggest chillul Hashem I've even seen on national TV coming from "modern orthodox Jews". Would not be surprised if they end up divorced.

I hope not. I wish them, and this frum producer, whoever she is, all the best in their lives. I hate how they're portraying us, but you know what they say about two wrongs...
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics