Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Duolingo now has Hebrew!

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 7:39 pm
Only anon because I'm so excited about this I've been talking about it a lot Smile Duolingo finally added Hebrew last week!!
It's still in the beta stage (which means that we're kind of testing it out) but I've been using it and I think it's great. (I've encountered some minor issues where they told me my translation was wrong, for example, where I used the word "clothing" instead of "clothes", but I think you can report this to them so they can improve it.)
If you never heard of duolingo, it's a free language app/website that you can use. I think this is great if you want your children to know hebrew but their school is not teaching them for one reason or another....and also if you want to learn or brush up on it yourself!

Rosemarie

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 9:03 pm
I actually just looked at duolingo app Friday specifically or Hebrew and didn't find it. Is there a separate app, or someplace specific I am supposed to look for it?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 9:13 pm
Hebrew is one of the languages showing on their home page: https://www.duolingo.com/register

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 9:20 pm
That's great! I remember at some point they had a poll to vote for the next language to add and I voted for Hebrew but thought it was a long shot.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 9:36 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Hebrew is one of the languages showing on their home page: https://www.duolingo.com/register

It seems to be only on the site for now.

Thanks OP!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:11 pm
I am trying to take the placement test. How do I type in Hebrew?

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:
I am trying to take the placement test. How do I type in Hebrew?

You need to install it on your computer. It's free. I had an Israeli relative show me how a long time ago, and I honestly forgot how to install it, but probably something to do with going to settings then languages, then adding Hebrew I would think? Every computer is different, but once you have it you should be able to switch back and forth easily between hebrew and english by using certain keys. (On my computer, a Lenovo, it's the Windows + Space key).

To a prior comment- I also don't see it on my phone app. In fact, when I logged in from my phone, it specifically said something like, "We see that you're studying Hebrew which is not currently available on phone app..." But you should see it on their website.

Rosemarie

Post Sat, Jun 25 2016, 10:58 pm
Yup. Thanks everyone. I found it on the website. Am taking the placement test now

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 2:07 am
I totally love this.
I have never seen it before
THANKS

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 2:23 am
What is it?

water_bear88

Post Sun, Jun 26 2016, 3:38 am
Thank you! I never got the update email I asked them for.

I took the placement test and started the course in the middle- they're much more responsive than the moderators in some of the languages that have been up longer. I already got an email that they accepted a correction I submitted!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics