Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me look busy at work.
1  2  Next

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:22 pm
I work for a doctor that has a few patients. He is not very busy so not much to do. I like working for him and he spoke about working more hours but I don't have much to do I sit at my desk doing nothing most of the time
Anyone have any ideas about what I could do to look busy?

Maryann

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:23 pm
Practice typing fast there are free online programs u can do

cbg

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:32 pm
Read Tehillim

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
I work for a doctor that has a few patients. He is not very busy so not much to do. I like working for him and he spoke about working more hours but I don't have much to do I sit at my desk doing nothing most of the time
Anyone have any ideas about what I could do to look busy?

Browse imamother Wink LOL

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:40 pm
No I have plenty of non work related things I could do like go on imamother all day Very Happy.
What I want is a suggestion about what I could do like make sure the files are neat (which I did already) something that will make me look busy and when my boss come in I look like I am busy and not just sitting.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:51 pm
Ask your co-workers on which projects they could use your help?

cbg

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:55 pm
What type of Doctor?
Can you send out mailers, HAPPYBDAY cards, network to get new patients.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 4:59 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
Ask your co-workers on which projects they could use your help?

No it is just me and doctor.

bluebird

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 5:00 pm
Is your boss aware of this? Can you ask for more work? Not more hours, but actual things to work on. Maybe there are new responsibilities that you could take on.

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing what your office is like. The next time this happens, try using the time to make a list of the things that you could do to improve the office. Organizing things, doing paperwork that tends to languish, cleaning, finding ways to make things more efficient, etc. Then you can start doing them.

Otherwise, find ways to build your skills, just make sure that they're ones relevant to your current job. Reading a book about communication would be great, but your boss might not appreciate your reading about interior decorating while on the job. Smile

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 5:02 pm
cbg wrote:
What type of Doctor?
Can you send out mailers, HAPPYBDAY cards, network to get new patients.

I keep asking him to do it but he doesn't want to do things like this.
He keeps telling me that he wants all charts to be put into the computer but not yet he has to think of a good program for it.
It is so frustrating. I need the money for more hours.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 5:06 pm
send reminder texts to patients.

research a good program you need for the charts - ask other dr's secretaries maybe.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:
I keep asking him to do it but he doesn't want to do things like this.
He keeps telling me that he wants all charts to be put into the computer but not yet he has to think of a good program for it.
It is so frustrating. I need the money for more hours.

Help him look for the program to use.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:21 pm
Call patients who were seen for sick visits and ask them how they're doing. Or if they just started a new med ask how it's working for them. Patients generally appreciate those calls very much.

(Of course you'll have to defer to the doctor if it turns out they're not getting better or getting new/worse symptoms.)

nyc123

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:07 pm
If he wants you to work more hours, maybe he is trying to build his caseload. You can help, if he's interested, by calling referral sources and doing online or print advertisements/marketing.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:59 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Call patients who were seen for sick visits and ask them how they're doing. Or if they just started a new med ask how it's working for them. Patients generally appreciate those calls very much.

(Of course you'll have to defer to the doctor if it turns out they're not getting better or getting new/worse symptoms.)

I certainly wouldn't want to talk to a Drs. secretary about meds or a follow up to a visit. I'm very specific as to who has access to my medical records under HIPA. If visit or a med requires follow up I have to sign an authorization as to whether I will speak to a NP, RN or PA. secretary isn't an option.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
I certainly wouldn't want to talk to a Drs. secretary about meds or a follow up to a visit. I'm very specific as to who has access to my medical records under HIPA. If visit or a med requires follow up I have to sign an authorization as to whether I will speak to a NP, RN or PA. secretary isn't an option.

You're welcome to talk or not talk to anyone you want, but being called by the doctor's representative is not a HIPPAA violation.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:44 pm
Are you concerned about looking busy in front of patients or because the doctor wants you being busy? if he wants you being productive, then ask him for jobs to do. If it's just to look professional, than any type of computer typing/browsing is good.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:49 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You're welcome to talk or not talk to anyone you want, but being called by the doctor's representative is not a HIPPAA violation.

I'm quite aware of that, if you notice I related MY experiences with MY care giver and how they handle patients comfort levels regarding confidentiality. It was sharing of information on how other practices may handle the situation. But continue to pick my post apart if that's what you need.

tovasara

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 10:57 am
Master Excel, word, other software that is useful in this and any job.

BasMelech120

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:08 pm
You can use the time to both build your professional skills and help in the process. For example, ask him if he would like you to open a social media network to build a bigger customer line. If yes, you can open an Instagram and Facebook account, where you can post links, photos, tips, etc. You can use this time to look around for other job offers where you will get more hours and more work to do. You can use this time to take online courses that will help you on the job (medical billing, etc.).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics