Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Crazy shidduch questions you were asked
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:19 am
[quote="amother"]Yes, I've heard that it's considered a blemish/pigua,.[/quote]

You mean "pgam", which means "blemish". A "pigua" is a terrorist attack.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:27 am
don't know if this counts as shidduch officially ...

but I was asked if my teeth are my own/real Mr. Green

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
Puke Puke Puke

Some men should not be getting married.

Why is that a pukey question? Although I'd prefer the term "kohen-eligible" over "fit" for a kohen. I don't think the man should be asking his date face-to-face if he's working within the shidduchim system, but if a man is a kohen he does have to find out a woman's status before he starts dating her. Or do you think that it's no problem for a kohen to find out only after he's been dating a while that the woman is a divorcee or giyoret? That's not something most women put on their resumes.

zaq

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:36 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
[/b]
I never shed 15 lbs. upon delivery. It sometimes appeared that I lost less than the baby weighed! embarrassed

Come on, Amelia, it is impossible per the laws of physics for you not to have lost at least the combined weight of the baby, amniotic fluid, and placenta, regardless of what you looked like.

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:44 am
I once had s\o asking me if I think the girl has potential to become a principal, the whole family has such kinda jobs, the dil also must! the girl was a great nursery teacher, but not potential for a principal what so ever!! and btw, does ur son need a principal for a wife, or you??????????????

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:49 am
jewishmom4 wrote:
I once had s\o asking me if I think the girl has potential to become a principal, the whole family has such kinda jobs, the dil also must! the girl was a great nursery teacher, but not potential for a principal what so ever!! and btw, does ur son need a principal for a wife, or you??????????????

This reminds me, my mother had a relative who was a shul Rebetzin. She called my mother for info about a classmate of my sister, and asked questions about the girls looks and grades. My mother asked her if this is what her son needs; if her son would be having a future in Rabbanus, doesn't he need a wife who is patient, has strong social skills, and is capable of managing a household well including chulent and kugel for the congregation? Or does he really need a girl who got top grades and is gorgeous?

The relative agreed that my mother was making sense; and being that the girl did have the qualities needed, the shidduch was successfully concluded.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 12:03 pm
I wasn't asked anything weird from the shadchan, but I dated a guy who had a whole list of questions on thefirst date. Literally a list. What meds do I take, do I have any official diagnosis, does mental illness run in my family. He read off a paper and then said good we can continue... it was very off-putting to say the least

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
I wasn't asked anything weird from the shadchan, but I dated a guy who had a whole list of questions on thefirst date. Literally a list. What meds do I take, do I have any official diagnosis, does mental illness run in my family. He read off a paper and then said good we can continue... it was very off-putting to say the least

and if 1 of the answers would've not been to his liking, he takes you home then and there???? omg!!!!!!!!!!

bigblueyes

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 12:16 pm
I was asked- are they more of a salmon or a gefilte family? I was like, oh they actually serve both. ?!!?!?!?

water_bear88

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 3:32 pm
zaq wrote:
Come on, Amelia, it is impossible per the laws of physics for you not to have lost at least the combined weight of the baby, amniotic fluid, and placenta, regardless of what you looked like.

Technically you're right, but I think most of us consider our "end of pregnancy weight" to be the last one we got on a scale, either at home or at a doctor's office (and not while in labor!).
Different fluid levels (especially if you're given IV fluids in labor), postpartum constipation, milk coming in before the next time you get on a scale... I don't know that I shed a full 15 pounds immediately. Maybe 11-12.

animeme

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:

I'm guessing his parents sent it with him, after getting burned by someone not telling (or reading about it), and knowing that if you're actually asked point blank you have to tell. Still would be off putting.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a BT and was constantly asked if my mother went to the mikvah.

How would I know, seeing how I wasn't even a zygote at the time when she would have ...

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:37 pm
I know someone who always asked bra sizes.. Far as I know he's happily married to a very normal girl

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:06 pm
animeme wrote:
I'm guessing his parents sent it with him, after getting burned by someone not telling (or reading about it), and knowing that if you're actually asked point blank you have to tell. Still would be off putting.

It actually was not a shidduch date so his parents had nothing to do with it. I told him it was odd and he said. Well thats how I like to do thing.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:21 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
Technically you're right, but I think most of us consider our "end of pregnancy weight" to be the last one we got on a scale, either at home or at a doctor's office (and not while in labor!).
Different fluid levels (especially if you're given IV fluids in labor), postpartum constipation, milk coming in before the next time you get on a scale... I don't know that I shed a full 15 pounds immediately. Maybe 11-12.

By one of my births I had an over 9 pound baby. Now for some reason I can't possibly fathom the discharge nurse in the hospital made me get on the scale in order for her to complete the discharge papers. The weight 2 days post birth was the same as the one at my last prenatal appointment less than a week before. I was pretty devastated actually, figuring that between baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid, I should have lost at least something. No idea what happened there, I guess my body was just retaining fluids, or something

animeme

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:53 pm
amother wrote:
It actually was not a shidduch date so his parents had nothing to do with it. I told him it was odd and he said. Well thats how I like to do thing.

Oh my. That is beyond telling.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:51 pm
zaq wrote:

What you're saying makes sense, but let me clarify that it wasn't so much what I felt like, as I definitely felt like I lost a lot, as my stomach was a lot flatter, but I was shocked when I weighed myself. I guess different scales vary.... It was definitely no 15 lbs. I'm actually referring to my first delivery. DS was 5lb. 15 oz. and according to my last weigh in before delivery and the first weigh in after delivery, I lost less than that, but I guess the scales could have varied, and I could have gained some weight after the last weighing before delivery.... Whatever!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:56 pm
Wasn't asked this but it came up on the date I don't remember how.
He said men don't wear skirts so he won't be in the kitchen ( that he won't be helping at all ever around the house)!

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 9:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Yeah I once read in a marriage book that every guy marries 3 women....the regular woman, the woman with period, and the pg woman.

If a guy is not prepared to marry a WOMAN, he could just stay single. We are a package deal, ya know?!

I like this one! I gotta show it for DH. Very Happy

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 11:12 pm
had a guy spew some misogynistic comments about how I have to do well in school because its my job to support his learning and its not his issue.

had another guy (really yeshivish) ask me how I did my hair and makeup, was a little strange lol.

had another guy ask me what kind of things I did in my past. Inappropriate!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics