Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ISO GREAT DOUBLE OVEN

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 7:14 pm
Do you love your wall oven?
Please tell me which one and why.
Need to make a decision this week on which appliances to buy.

Also need to know about
warming drawer
Cook top
Dishwasher
Refrigerator/Freezer

TIA

JewishMother2

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 2:51 am
I don't know whether it applies where you are but in Israel many of the double ovens cannot be used at the same time - ie. both top and bottom ovens together.

I bought two single ovens and had them installed side by side. I'm very happy with this solution but the only thing I would change is to have roll-under doors ie. doors that slide underneath when the oven is open.

If you can afford a double dishwasher then it's a great space-saver. We didn't have the space for one of those (didn't have the width) and we didn't have space for two single ones (I preferred to have more drawer space) so we bought one single one (small size) and use is for meat but it's a personal choice. I never had one before (been married 30 years) so we're used to washing up as we go along and my DH does most of the washing up. The dishwasher gets used on motzei Shabbat when we've had a full house - I can get most of the plates in and the cutlery and glasses.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 10:05 am
JewishMother2 wrote:
I don't know whether it applies where you are but in Israel many of the double ovens cannot be used at the same time - ie. both top and bottom ovens together.

I bought two single ovens and had them installed side by side. I'm very happy with this solution but the only thing I would change is to have roll-under doors ie. doors that slide underneath when the oven is open.

If you can afford a double dishwasher then it's a great space-saver. We didn't have the space for one of those (didn't have the width) and we didn't have space for two single ones (I preferred to have more drawer space) so we bought one single one (small size) and use is for meat but it's a personal choice. I never had one before (been married 30 years) so we're used to washing up as we go along and my DH does most of the washing up. The dishwasher gets used on motzei Shabbat when we've had a full house - I can get most of the plates in and the cutlery and glasses.

In the US
My city only has electric no gas

Things I would like in my double WALL oven.

1. Heats quickly and evenly
2. Can use both ovens at the same time
3. Has a certified Shabbat mode, and BOTH can be on Shabbat mode at the same time. I heard GE does not allow this.
4. Real self clean, in both ovens, to clean separately, ok.
5. When Shabbat Mode is in use, you can punch in numbers to change the temperature, NOT an arrow.
6. This I read about an oven I didn't know before. Being able to change temperatures in the middle of a cook cycle. According to 1 customer, if you punch in 350, and want to change to another temp, you need to shut off and let the oven completely cool down before it will let you input another temp.

High Quality is very important to me. Moderate-High end ok, since I saved on other parts of the construction, still fits in the budget. BUT high end doesn't always mean best.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 12:14 pm
I have a electric ge double wall oven . I love it.
It heats quickly and evenly
I use both ovens at the same time.
The only time I could not use them at the same time was when I wanted to use the proof mode in both ovens at the same time. I couldnt use it then in any of the ovens as I had just finished using one of the ovens and they were still to hot. It needed to cool down. Proof mode is a very low temp.
Otherwise not a prob to change temps during cooking. No need to wait for oven to cool.
I know that the ovens have a shabbos mode, I dont use it so cant help u there. Why dont you find a modle that you like and then call up the star k and ask them about it. Or any that they can recomend that works the way you want on shabbos mode.
410 484 4110
Both oveens have self clean and steam clean mode.
Good luck with your decision.
Cook top I have a bosch 5 burner
I also have a two burner verona
Im happy with both
I like my Ge dishwasher
I have a ge side my side refriderator that gets a thin layer of frost in the freezer .. I dont think that should be
Also I recomend getting the biggest fridge/freezer that you can manage with space and budget...that another regtet I have with it. I would have liked it to be roomier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics