Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Undergrad-Going Back to School

tomboy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 10:01 am
I've been toying with the idea of going back to school. I'm bored, lonely and feel uninspired. Although I'm currently working, I have the time and brains for it. My main concern is the mixed, liberal environment and that no one in my family has ever gone to university. I'm afraid to do something without the support of them. It also feels overwhelming to work out the logistics on my own. I might be late in the game too (29) with no BA. Where I live, college is mostly free and I may even be eligible for a stipend while studying. Can anyone tell me if it's possible, how they did it with a family of kids (we have 3 elementary-aged kids). This is something I've wanted my whole life but it feels so darn hard!

tomboy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2016, 11:15 am
bump

tomboy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:15 am
Can someone PLEASE help me with this??

cnc

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:17 am
I know many people that have done it at your stage in life.
In regards to the environment- where are you located?
Are there any frum options on your neighborhood? Can you do it online?

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:18 am
This is so possible and you can so totally do this!!! I don't have time to go into it now, but search for a couple threads about Thomas Edison State College. I think they might just be called Thomas Edison. I started one of the threads that I'm going back to school, and I am almost done. The whole time I had three kids and I worked full-time. Totally possible and you got this!

tomboy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:43 am
cnc- I'm in Montreal. No frum environments locally. I wouldn't have any use from an out of country/state degree.

watergirl-Again, Thomas Edison is out of country. I couldn't get a job with an out of state license.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics