Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning Help in Boro Park

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jun 24 2016, 1:32 pm
Can anyone provide numbers of reliable cleaning Agencies? I have no cleaning help at all and am in need of the extra help. Or if anyone knows if their ladies have extra hours or friends with extra hours please let me know. I can use a full day of work on Fridays or I would even be willing to have someone after 3pm three or four days a week depending on how late they would stay.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 8:38 am
Bump.....Anyone have contact numbers for cleaning agencies????

Thanks in advance.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 9:36 pm
Soraya agency, you can find the # by searching Imamother for previous threads

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 27 2016, 10:12 pm
I had a good cleaning lady for a few months. She was extremely reliable but she asked for a raise before Pesach and I pay her now $12 an hour. I'm going to the country so won't be using her now.I'm not even sure if I should take her back, just because the price is starting to bother me.

Are you interested for this price? She told me that most of the people she worked for are going away, so she may be available.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 5:15 pm
$12 an hour has become the new going rate in Brooklyn, if that's where you're located.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 9:06 am
Thanks for the replies. I think $12 is a little much. I only recently started paying $11 and all my neighbors and friends are paying $11 and some even $10.

So $12 is a more expensive rate and I think they are only trying their luck when they ask for it and the people giving in are ruining it for everyone else. (I once very recently had a lady who told me one of her jobs gave her $12 and opened her eyes since when she started out she was willing to take $10 and was only hoping for $11 never dreaming of $12 until it was offered to her.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 11:10 am
I hope people try not to give in to the $12 rate. Last year pesach my cleaning help just didn't show up the week of pesach. I couldn't get anyone else at that point, and I was miserable trying to manage with a tiny baby at home.

So this year, when she asked me for more money (after working for me for only 3 weeks!) I gave in. I just couldn't deal with not having help. I would have fired her after pesach, but I go away for the summer and usually lose my cleaning lady then anyway.

The ones who are raising the rate are the women who try to get extra hours pesach time and offer them extra money. And then they get smart! Why shouldn't they try their luck and ask.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 3:53 pm
Open their eyes? Try their luck?
Don't you want your employee to appreciate your good work and don't you feel you deserve a raise every once in a while?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:20 am
[ Don't you want your employer to appreciate your good work and don't you feel you deserve a raise every once in a while?[/quote]

I didn't mean it in a degrading way but I think that many people like me are struggling from paycheck to paycheck and we also deserve to afford some cleaning help to preserve our sanity. And I do work and although my employer truly appreciates my work I do not receive frequent raises. I show my appreciation in other ways by giving them plenty of food and water and I recently had a lady who left for more money and came crawling back the next week stating that the lady didn't even give her lunch. So each to their own.

Anyway I think the topic has deviated from the topic of this thread so thanks for those who offered phone numbers.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 12:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Open their eyes? Try their luck?
Don't you want your employee to appreciate your good work and don't you feel you deserve a raise every once in a while?

My cleaning lady asked for a raise of $2 an hour after 3 weeks!!

Most people only get a raise after a year or so.

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 1:18 pm
amother wrote:
My cleaning lady asked for a raise of $2 an hour after 3 weeks!!

Most people only get a raise after a year or so.

Well it really depends on how much you paid her originally, and what the going rate is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics