Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rechovot
Previous  1  2

merpk

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 3:15 am
I am so confused by the anonymity on this thread. What's the big deal??

We made aliya here in 2006 and have been very comfortable.

I'd like to post more but am a little weirded out by the anonymity. Something weird going on that I should know about, maybe??

merpk

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 3:20 am
Oh, one thing to clarify. Everyone's mostly talking about the east side of Rekhovot (the east side of Herzl, which runs straight up the middle of town). The west side is also very mixed and many religious people and many shuls, but as an Anglo friend who lives there has told me, there are no other Anglos livingin that side of town that she knows of, and all the shuls are Sfardi or Teimani.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 3:51 am
I'm anon because I don't want to give out my location with my screename. Is that weird?

Tweedy

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 4:56 am
We are planing on moving to Rechovot next year beesras hashem. we went went on our pilot trip earlier this year and absolutely loved it there. we wanted to find a golden middle between frumkeit and down to earth living. and def found it in rechovot. we also loved the fact that everyone gets along with each other.

merpk

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 6:15 am
amother wrote:
I'm anon because I don't want to give out my location with my screename. Is that weird?

Yeah, okay, not weird. I guess everyone in the thread feels that way.

First time in my life I'm the *least* paranoid one. LOL

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 2:43 pm
To the person who asked about prices of renting: we have done some research on it and I can only speak for the neighborhood near Chatam. It seems like it can range from the upper 3's to middle 4's (thousand shekel) for a 3 bedroom (4 room) apt. It can get to the upper 4's for a 4 bedroom (5 room) apt but obviously these are all estimates.

I'm anonymous bec. many people know I have researched Rechovot and will move there if we make aliyah. I don't want all those people to know my screenname!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 12:20 am
Hi. I know this is a very old thread. SOmeone recently recommended I look into Rechovot. I'd love to hear about it since this post from 2012. ANything new in terms of the Anglos that live there? any new communities? From what I am hearing and reading, Rechovot is a warm city that has a diverse population in regards to different hashkafot. If I do not fit squarely into one category (ie not really DL but definitley not Chareidi. Not sure if Chardal etc) will I and my children be able to fit in? What about the schools? Do the kids have to also fit squarely into one category to fit in the schools? Thanks!

Tweedy

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 4:36 am
amother wrote:
Hi. I know this is a very old thread. SOmeone recently recommended I look into Rechovot. I'd love to hear about it since this post from 2012. ANything new in terms of the Anglos that live there? any new communities? From what I am hearing and reading, Rechovot is a warm city that has a diverse population in regards to different hashkafot. If I do not fit squarely into one category (ie not really DL but definitley not Chareidi. Not sure if Chardal etc) will I and my children be able to fit in? What about the schools? Do the kids have to also fit squarely into one category to fit in the schools? Thanks!

Pm me if you'd like. I live in Rechovot!

merpk

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:

So are you here yet?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 7:09 pm
merpk wrote:
So are you here yet?

Coming July!! But not to Rechovot in the end... Renting now in Beit Shemesh

merpk

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 10:21 am
Great! Looking forward to sending you a "welcome home" post....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
Coming July!! But not to Rechovot in the end... Renting now in Beit Shemesh

Which Beit Shemesh! We actually moving from Rechovot to RBS G in July after 2 years!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:27 am
amother wrote:
Which Beit Shemesh! We actually moving from Rechovot to RBS G in July after 2 years!

Not RBS, Sheinfeld
Hatzlacha on your move!

Shargal

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 7:47 pm
Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to bump up as we are planning on making aliyah to rechovot and would love to hear about more recent perspectives. we are DL and looking for a place with some Anglos but that is not a bubble. We visited rechovot and really liked it, although the city felt old and had a bit of a run-down feel to it. we really liked the new developments in the south. we started to look into schools and really like beri besadeh - has anyone heard of it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions