Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Notes from Reizel Reit TTI BA program
1  2  Next

bizzydusy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 5:46 pm
Do any of you, or any of your daughters, have any notes from Reizel Reit TTI Bachelor's program you wouldn't mind lending me? I am a wife and mother and have a full time job. I have decided to do this so that once I'm done, I can work less hours. I am finding the preparation very overwhelming and would benefit greatly from notes.

Please let me know what you have. Willing to compensate.

With much appreciation!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 6:42 pm
Bad enough that you want to cheat, but you've also posted this 3 times in different forums! Is that why you joined this site?

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 6:44 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Bad enough that you want to cheat, but you've also posted this 3 times in different forums! Is that why you joined this site?

This. Besides the fact that most people that I know that did TTI ,did it through tests (CLEPS etc..) so I'm not sure what notes they would have .

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:03 pm
I have reported this thread.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:19 pm
Why don't you see if you can make learning partners in your program? There are ways to learn things more efficiently without cheating.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:22 pm
How is it cheating to ask for the notes from a student who previously took the class you are currently taking?
You are not taking the test from her.
You still have to know the material in order to pass.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:24 pm
sorry, I don't understand. What is wrong with borrowing notes? She is not asking to see tests or reports.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:32 pm
The way the poster wrote it, it makes it sound like she is trying to get notes to avoid going to classes .

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:34 pm
Isn't it online?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:36 pm
Not all of it, I had some courses I did in person, some cleps, and some online classes.
And online classes still require "going to" classes, even if they are being done via video.

Also, there is a big difference between I am sick today, let me borrow my friend's notes of the lecture and let me take your notes from the whole semester , I am too lazy to do my own work.

real israeli

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:57 pm
Maybe I am misunderstanding or things have changed. But the notes that I believe she's referring to do not involve cheating. Tti gives you a book of sources saying these are what you need to know for the test. (Hebrew tests) some people open the Chumash and jump from thing to thing skipping 20 pages between each. Some wrote down what each rashi says to eliminate all the page turning and I guess as a study aid. The notes that I understand her to be asking for are those who went through it and write it all down. Saves time studying but definitely not cheating

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 10:18 pm
To me this is no different than your DD photocopying a classmate's notes before a final in high school.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 11:05 pm
TTI is literally quickest, easiest (sketchiest, some would argue) degree you could get. If you can't even manage that, maybe you should reconsider.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:11 am
Wow some people here are really mean!! She asked for notes... Not someone's essay not someone to do the work for her. Not for someone's tests etc. why can't those of you who can't help just keep quiet?

I'm writing this as another because honestly I'm afraid of all you meanies!

Good luck op! Bravo for trying to make a better life for you and your family many people just prefer to sit at home and complain myself among them!

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:16 am
amother wrote:
Wow some people here are really mean!! She asked for notes... Not someone's essay not someone to do the work for her. Not for someone's tests etc. why can't those of you who can't help just keep quiet?

I'm writing this as another because honestly I'm afraid of all you meanies!

Good luck op! Bravo for trying to make a better life for you and your family many people just prefer to sit at home and complain myself among them!

👍

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:08 am
oliveoil wrote:
TTI is literally quickest, easiest (sketchiest, some would argue) degree you could get. If you can't even manage that, maybe you should reconsider.

You claim they are sketchy. I am an OT that graduated through TTI. I took every single undergrad course required for my graduate degree in class or online. Our group of students had the exact same coursework as the other students in my graduate program. Raise advocated for us, whenever there were halachik issues, and we were our own class. Otherwise, there was nothing different (other than the professors all telling us how they didn't understand how we were getting married and having babies, yet still averaging higher than the other class).

Please don't put the program down. It is not easier or cheaper than doing it on your own.

Everyone's degrees are valid if they were gotten through a valid institution, and the boards for certification were passed.

pickle321

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 4:43 am
Seriously there is nothing cheating about borrowing notes. Not everyone is cut out for good note taking and if someone can help why not? I understand if you don't want to share your notes but some people would be more than happy to and there is nothing wrong with that.

imasinger

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 6:30 am
OP says, "I am finding the preparation greatly overwhelming, and would really benefit from som notes."

To some posters, this says, "I can't handle reading the assigned material, and want to get someone else's work so that I don't have to bother." And it's a form of cheating.

To others, this says, "I just need some help organizing the material in my head; can you help?" And it's totally fine.

I think:

1. Graduate work is not high school. The point is to absorb all the material, not just to spit out the bullet points. It's worth slogging through and extracting meaning, and making your own notes.

2. OP is very clearly not being lazy, and it's not nice to say that. She is overwhelmed.

OP, can you slow it down? I understand the desire to finish quickly. But you are already working full tme plus running a family. Maybe this will take longer, but there is something to be gained by doing it right.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 9:48 am
OP I agree that if you can't find the notes or other assistance, a slower program might work better for you at this stage.

I am working on my associates at Touro's online program, and it is set up for people like us who have other commitments in addition to schooling. It is considered accelerated because the bachelors is 3 years instead of 4. However there is a lot of writing involved which I personally like better than the intense testing system at TTI.

Good luck! This is not easy to pull off, whichever program you do. Don't get discouraged.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:15 pm
Personally, I would not want a professional that I go to (for example a therapist, psychologist, OT, PT, etc.) to have gotten there because she rushed through a program with someone else's notes. Going to college to obtain a degree - especially when it is for a degree in which the person will be dealing with other people in the helping field - requires every bit of work that the colleges have put into their program. This includes reading material, drawing conclusions, writing notes, delving deeper, asking questions, critical thinking, and even publishing said conclusions. When working with other people as a professional, one must have the capabilities and FULL training to do so.

Having said that, I think that TTI offers a great opportunity for the heimish/frum community to obtain a college degree. Meaning they put everything in place for students to grow academically, but a student must be motivated and be willing to take the extra step. This is not about bashing the program; on the contrary, the program has done wonders for hundreds of people who were serious about obtaining a degree and going further with it. But anyone who hopes to use their degree in any way that will involve other people, he/she has the responsibility of ensuring complete readiness to take it on.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries