Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sarah Schneerer vs. TTI

pooki

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 8:27 pm
I would like to get my masters in education/ special ed. I live in Brooklyn and would like to do Seit or maybe teach in a headstart. My two schooling options now are the sunday at tti program or the adult program at Sarah schneerer. Have you been to either? How was it? I have kids already KAH. How was job placement afterward? Any info appreciated

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 8:30 pm
Sarah Schenirer generally gets their degree from Mercy College, which is considered better than Excelsior which TTI is usually accredited by.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:27 pm
Im leaning towards Sara Schnierer because their program gives you certification in birth thru 2nd AND 1st thru 6. You also have the option of taking an additional 2 courses to become certified in grades 7-12 as well.

The other options I was considering were SUNY online, Brooklyn college and Touro .

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:34 pm
Sara shaneerer is known to be a lot more intense than tti. Keep that in mind since you have children....

pooki

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:54 pm
are potential employers more impressed by either one?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:57 pm
There are always openings in early intervention (0-3). It shouldn't be a problem finding work. You can do evaluations as well.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
There are always openings in early intervention (0-3). It shouldn't be a problem finding work. You can do evaluations as well.

I disagree. I had a very hard time finding SEIT positions and Headstart teaching positions. Unless other jobs interest you, such as P3 or working with developmentally delayed children, I'd reconsider the field. It's extremely flooded.

cnc

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
I disagree. I had a very hard time finding SEIT positions and Headstart teaching positions. Unless other jobs interest you, such as P3 or working with developmentally delayed children, I'd reconsider the field. It's extremely flooded.

SEIT and Headstart are not Early Intervention.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:53 am
pooki wrote:
are potential employers more impressed by either one?

They are equally unimpressive.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:19 am
cnc wrote:
SEIT and Headstart are not Early Intervention.

This is true. I work in the management for an early intervention agency. I am in touch with the board of early intervention. I do staffing as well. There is a high need for special educators to provide special instruction, and providers of aba services.

You may not always get in the exact location you would like. You may not always be working with jews. It is homecare. There is some more paperwork involved. But, it pays better. You can sign up with multiple agencies so that you have more likely hood of being assigned cases near you.

Additionally, ei is changing now. They looking for providers whose documentation gives the whole picture of a child. They find the providers that they like, and those providers are recognized.

Ei is moving to EMR. By the time you graduate, documentation and paperwork should be a lot simpler.

The department of early intervention is looking to add new providers to NYC EIP. It is a good time to go into it. Not only special educators, but all therapists and service coordinators.

I don't believe I am allowed to post our company's name on this site, but I know that we are actively hiring right now. I'm sure many other agencies are as well.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:27 pm
indigo do you see either school as a better place to go to in terms of the ladies who come out being better trained and more prepared? Or does where you go not make much of a difference its just more about the paper that you come out with?

yogabird

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:32 pm
You don't need a masters to be a head start teacher.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
indigo do you see either school as a better place to go to in terms of the ladies who come out being better trained and more prepared? Or does where you go not make much of a difference its just more about the paper that you come out with?

I'm not Indigo, but for this I'd definitely say Sara Schenirer, based purely on my own experiences with graduates of both programs.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:36 pm
Go with Sarah Schnierer. I'm an employer in sped. I'm much more impressed with the Sarah Schnierer grads than the TTI
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics