Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Children's Books You Would Like to See
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ashrei

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 1:34 am
I only read the first post, but I have a very important request. Please, please take it seriously.

There are physically disabled children who are cognitively normal, even bright, happy, etc., who are perfectly suited to be in a mainstream school. However, our schools - administrations and children - are not prepared for these kids. There's gawking, inappropriate questions, and even bullying. These precious children are suffering because of this awful lack of sensitivity. It follows them their entire lives. It's absolutely needless.

So far, all we have is that Nonny bear series in Mishpacha. A series of books, normalizing these precious neshamas to the regular kids, and answering some of their questions, is so badly needed. Please, we need to raise a generation that is more sensitive and accepting of these special children, so they can work side by side, as they are entitled to every bit of beauty and joy in this life as anyone else.

A very good example is the Daniel's New Friend, Amazon Daniel Tiger season 4 episode 3. (The book is not as good.)

I hope you'll seriously consider proceeding with an idea like this. If I can help in any way, please PM me.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics