Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Light fittings for rented apartment (Israel)

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 2:36 am
I'm done with these bare bulbs hanging from the ceiling. In one room we have a three bulb light fitting with energy saving bulbs in it and looks so ugly. In another room we have a great big ikea lamp shade that I really really like, but they don't do any more like that.

I'm looking for idea of inexpensive, nice looking light shades/fittings that will fit over the ugly energy saving bulbs. They have to allow the light through as much as possible as there is only one bulb in each room.

The rooms are all neutral colors - cream/white/brown etc. Any ideas? I'm in Jerusalem but even vague ideas will help!

Thanks!

Last edited by AlwaysThinking on Sun, Jul 03 2016, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 2:44 am
https://www.amazon.com/LIHAO-W.....011_2
we bought these light fixtures in home center for possibly 40 shekels. they are simple and not crazy expensive.

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 3:27 am
Thanks! That might be good for the bedroom, still not sure about kitchen and bathrooms... maybe I'll go down to home center and have a look at what they have.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 3:31 am
why not the kitchen? I understand about the bathroom as it might not last because of the moisture of the room, but why not the kitchen? We have in the kitchen.

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 3:35 am
Our kitchen is really small and narrow, I think it might dwarf it a bit. Maybe I need something flatter and closer to the ceiling...

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 6:06 am
This was such a shock to me when I moved here. The pictures the realtor showed me, before we made Aliyah, had gorgeous light fixtures in all the rooms. When we got to the apartment, there were just bare bulbs! shock Nobody told me that the fixtures were not included in the rental, and they were part of the reason I agreed to take this place. Mad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics