Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What the characters of A Veiled Truth are packing tonight...

Scotty

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:42 pm
(Forgive me a meta moment.)
What the characters of A Veiled Truth are preparing tonight:
Mrs. Blum: a box of Presidor wafer rolls, a bar of Alprose chocolate, a small hazelnut coffee packet and a pineapple in a purple Mylar bag.
Mrs. Zimmerman makes the same mishloach manos she has made for the past fourteen years: her signature vanilla cake in a round Bundt pan, with a grape juice bottle in the middle, wrapped in blue cellophane. It always gets rave reviews.
Fish isn't sure what Estie is giving out this year, because people actually get married the night before Ta'anis Esther like any other night. He'll do the deliveries, does he need to know what goes inside? (Estie knows. Iced cappuccino, two pre-wrapped danishes, napkin, Kraft paper bag. She's bought extra coffees: Fish will drink three cappuccinos before the morning is half done.)
Laizer's wife did some sort of yellow cookie, because his two kids are going to be dressed as ducks. Or something. He's not sure. He'll be too drunk most of the day to tell the difference anyway.
The Silvers had Chocolate Palace do theirs. Viennese crunch, mini green apple Smirnoffs, mint-green truffles and actual mints, in a lucite holder.
Jack's planning on getting an early start on celebrating tonight, after the wedding. There's a bottle of Jack with his name on it.

(I honestly don't know what's come over me.)

libbas

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:49 pm
haha! you got the characters down pat!

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:50 pm
LOL!!!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:53 pm
Nice one Scotty! You could have sent that one to print Wink

OutATowner

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:03 pm
Love it!
I am a "picky reader" and I absolutely love your stories!
Thumbs Up

penguin

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:03 pm
Quote:
haha! you got the characters down pat!
Haha indeed! Because Scotty is EGS!

fromthedepths

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 9:28 pm
Hilarious! My daughters and I are having a lot of fun reading The Veiled Truth and discussing it. Thank you for the laughs!

losingweight

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:06 pm
Just want to shout it out to Scotty. I love your stories!!!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 2:04 am
Me too! Thanks!!!

ps I really hope jack does not drink the jack! I'm rooting for him and all of them!

hatzlocha rabba much continued success

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 5:53 am
So fun EG Smile. I love how you create these multi dimensional, true to form characters, whether your serial is a serious one, goofy one, no matter which era or location it's set in, they're mamish real people.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 6:05 am
I'd love if someone was packing a copy of your civil war serial. Is it ever going to come out in book form?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 6:33 am
Haha Scotty that was awesome! I absolutely love the series. My heart bleeds for Fish he's so vulnerable.

blossoming flower

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 7:50 am
ROFL!! Thanks for the pre purim laugh! I'm nodding at the whole thing cuz' I'm just picturing the characters. Do you think Fish will gather the courage to give MM to the Silvers? That could be a real break through for him. Maybe Estie should come along and help ease the tension...

blossoming flower

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 7:53 am
Oh- and NO, Fish should not make a separate MM for David. He should just give whatever he's giving to everyone else.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 8:48 am
despite not knowing anything about the veiled truth ... I too was entertained

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 5:21 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'd love if someone was packing a copy of your civil war serial. Is it ever going to come out in book form?

This! EG, any info to share on the prospect of your civil war series being released in book form?

Also, I LOVE all of your writing- the short stories and serials. I've reread Full Harvest, Caravan, and Shortchanged so many times! My favorite story of yours is probably the one in Caravan, about the little boy who was inspired by the way that the man who painted his house davened while doing so, and grew up to do the same thing- send up a tefilla for random people, whenever. I thought of it while repainting my living room last week, and said several perakim of Tehillim. Smile I was really inspired by it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Apr 09 2016, 11:10 pm
Just seeing this now, but no matter. The laugh is even more beneficial erev Pesach, I believe I'm one of your biggest fans.

motherhen

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 7:08 pm
Hey Scotty!
I love how you knew what each character was packing and doing the night before Purim all those months ago! I was lol remembering your post while reading this week's installment.
Why do I sense a big showdown coming during David's taco bar Purim seuda? Maybe with one or more characters slightly inebriated? Cheers Cheers
Loving every word!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room