Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Mechutonim

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 1:54 pm
Are your Mechutonim similar to you and your family?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:

Nope! Not at all.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 2:01 pm
So far I have two married. One is so similar to us and the other is so our opposite.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 3:10 pm
We don't have any Mechutonim relationship to consider. They made sure of it. Once you shun every plan to the Chasuna, then you don't invite the other side to Sheva Brochos. There is nothing that can ever repair the negativity to care to interact or relate.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:

Not at all. I find them to be very quirky but if I ignore all negatives we get along just fine.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 3:20 pm
My parents have five sets of machatunim and all of them are more or less similiar to my family. No we are not chassidish and of the five machatunim they are from 4 different cities.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 4:19 pm
Not similar.
One side is wealthy, one poor. One covers hair and is black hat uber yeshivish (boys don't learn secular subjects or get diplomas and they learn forever), one side doesn't cover hair or own a black hat, has children who are all professionals with professional school degrees, and has children who range from wearing pants to jot keeping shabbos.
Both sides get along but they're not friends at all. They are polite to each other.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 4:32 pm
It depends on how you define similar. For example, one of my siblings married a boy whose parents are BT. My father comes from a heimish background. In lifestyle, he and Mechutan are so different. However, in personality, they have certain similarities and they get along great. They are both brilliant and sort-of geeky, and they both have advanced degrees in similar but different fields.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics