Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving help

solo

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 4:24 am
I'll be moving to a new house a 10 min drive away in 1 month Bzh. I haven't packed or prepared in any way. Also because I have a very active 1.5 yr old home all day- who would probBly destroy any boxes...
Any advice ideas or??? Help

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 5:35 am
Can you send him to babysitter for the week of moving? 4 days before, so you can pack everything, and 3-4 days after to unpack.
Depends where you're located, you might find some girls not in school now that would be happy to take out your baby (for free, or for minimal pay) couple hrs a day in the weeks ahead.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 8:10 am
I packed at night. Stacked all the sealed boxes on the side, either in another room or against the wall behind the table. Aim for packing few boxes a night because it always takes longer than you think it will.
Start will the least used items / rooms like the dining room sefarim, silver... and work your way through the house.
Good luck!

L25

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 8:39 am
is it financially an option to just pay the movers to pack for you. that's what we did and it was totally worth it!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 04 2016, 9:41 am
Not op, but Im iy"h also moving soon.
A company to pack us all up sounds great. Im curios how much do these things cost? Any recommendations? Im in NY.
THANX

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:37 am
Bumping......

Any leads to who may do this service and what the price range would be?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 8:14 pm
Bumping once more for the night crowd. I really would appreciate any advice regarding a business that offers this kind of service.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 8:16 pm
Shulgasser's movers offers that service. I don't know how much but you can ask. (I'm sure it ain't cheap.)

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 9:16 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Shulgasser's movers offers that service. I don't know how much but you can ask. (I'm sure it ain't cheap.)

Thanx for responding!!! Would you have contact information for them? Are they in NY?

ETA: I just googled it and found them. Thanx again.

Eta: Theyre booked all the way through the end of July!!!! Any other companys do this?

Thanx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics