Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Extremely comfortable wig for all-day, every day wear

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 8:06 am
I am in the market for a wig. I have two requirements:
1) It needs to be a workhorse. I need something durable that can hold up to a lot of use.
2) I am sensory/sensitive and by the end of my long workday most sheitels make my scalp feel like steel wool. I need something extremely lightweight and comfortable.

Any recommendations?
Thanks.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 9:11 am
I love my milano ponytail. With freedom cap, so it stays on and no clips or band, but I wear it back in a messy bun with a flower so it's not falling in my face all the time or getting on my neck, and I have the front bits pinned straight back so no bangs making my forehead itchy and it looks slightly more elegant than just a ponytail. Fine for whatever I'm doing but also casual enough, and if I must be a little more formal I just pull the bun out and it's got a nice wave, but the front is still out of my face. It's actually not a whole lot of hair, which could be a disadvantage if you want to wear it straight down, but perfect if looking for something lightweight. My first one lasted me about 6 years of wearing almost every day during the week, this one is now almost 2 years old...

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 9:19 am
I hear the BKs very durable bodyfull

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 9:23 am
Have you tried a wunderwig? People say they're very comfortable but I think they're only for wearing up like in a pony or bun type of thing

http://yonitwigs.com/wunderwig.html/?sl=en

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 10:14 am
MamaBear wrote:
Have you tried a wunderwig? People say they're very comfortable but I think they're only for wearing up like in a pony or bun type of thing

http://yonitwigs.com/wunderwig.html/?sl=en

I've heard of these. I looked at the website but I can't tell how it's different than a regular band fall.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 11:09 am
I recently got an alexia wig and I love it. I also have sensory issues (can't wear a snood, only tichel; can't wear necklaces, can't wear hats...) but this wig is so comfy for me!

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
I've heard of these. I looked at the website but I can't tell how it's different than a regular band fall.

The hair is sewn away from the face so you can wear it pulled back and it looks more natural than a regular wig or fall pulled back. You could try and find one in your area if that's a look you'd want

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 9:04 pm
yOungM0mmy wrote:
I love my milano ponytail. With freedom cap, so it stays on and no clips or band, but I wear it back in a messy bun with a flower so it's not falling in my face all the time or getting on my neck, and I have the front bits pinned straight back so no bangs making my forehead itchy and it looks slightly more elegant than just a ponytail. Fine for whatever I'm doing but also casual enough, and if I must be a little more formal I just pull the bun out and it's got a nice wave, but the front is still out of my face. It's actually not a whole lot of hair, which could be a disadvantage if you want to wear it straight down, but perfect if looking for something lightweight. My first one lasted me about 6 years of wearing almost every day during the week, this one is now almost 2 years old...

How does it not slip off?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 10:31 pm
I've found that the haircut under the wig is what makes such a difference. I had my hair majorly thinned out last winter and I have worn my wig almost every day since. When my hair was thicker I rarely wanted to wear a sheital.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 10:33 pm
I have a short binah wig and love it. wear with velvet headband. I cooked for pesach in it! (put up in a pony)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics