Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
PT Therapy Evaluation Agency in Brooklyn for 4 Year Old

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:47 pm
I am looking to have my four year old evaluated for physical therapy services as she falls and trips and has low muscle tone as well.
I am looking for recommendations for an agencies to call.

Ashrei

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:56 pm
StrivRight? 718-531-1800 Request Hadassah to do the evaluation
Or call Dynamicsolutionstherapy.com and see what they say, they are also very good

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:59 pm
Ashrei wrote:
StrivRight? 718-531-1800 Request Hadassah to do the evaluation
Or call Dynamicsolutionstherapy.com and see what they say, they are also very good

Thank you! Does it make a difference where I do the evaluation if I want therapy to take place at a center near me (strivrght is not near me) or at my daughter's school which is not in strivright's district? We live in BP.

cheese cake

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:18 pm
Eval Care 718-686-0100

imamom7

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:20 pm
hasc in boro park on 55th street does pediatric evaluations

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:36 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! Does it make a difference where I do the evaluation if I want therapy to take place at a center near me (strivrght is not near me) or at my daughter's school which is not in strivright's district? We live in BP.

No.
But beware that the DOE places you, and you can't necessarily choose where to get therapy unless you out up a big fight.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:39 pm
cnc wrote:
No.
But beware that the DOE places you, and you can't necessarily choose where to get therapy unless you out up a big fight.

Are things different than 6/7 years ago? At our meeting when therapy was determined I told them I wanted OT therapy to take place at an independent center and told them why and they agreed to put that in my older child's plan that I signed at the meeting.

cnc

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 1:44 pm
amother wrote:
Are things different than 6/7 years ago? At our meeting when therapy was determined I told them I wanted OT therapy to take place at an independent center and told them why and they agreed to put that in my older child's plan that I signed at the meeting.

That's most likely because it was an older child.

Ages 3-5 is CPSE and you are placed with a primary agency. If they can't service you it goes to a secondary and tertiary . If they can't either then you get an RSA and can go wherever you would like.

If there is a provider in your child's school you will get placed with that provider- but I never heard of a PT in a school setting. Wouldn't that require a center with equipment?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jul 09 2016, 6:49 pm
cnc wrote:
That's most likely because it was an older child.

Ages 3-5 is CPSE and you are placed with a primary agency. If they can't service you it goes to a secondary and tertiary . If they can't either then you get an RSA and can go wherever you would like.

If there is a provider in your child's school you will get placed with that provider- but I never heard of a PT in a school setting. Wouldn't that require a center with equipment?

This was for my then 3 year old, but it was a number of years ago. I requested an RSA for OT only and the rest went through an agency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers