Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Smart phone dilemma

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 4:18 pm
My cell phone is dying. I have a blackberry and was always happy with it, but it is dying and Whatsapp is not going to support BB OS after December 2016.
I have an ipad and a macbook.
It would be logical to get an iphone, except they are really expensive.

I was already planning to get another BB but this whole whatsapp thing makes it impossible, since I mainly communicate via whatsapp.
There is a BB with Android OS, which is a newest kind, the price of an iphone. It has a slide out keyboard

I don't really like Android though, my mom has ab android tablet adn I am not impressed.

What would you get? An iphone, a BB with android or is there any other solution I haven't thought of?

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 5:32 pm
I know it's not blackberr or Iphone but metro pcs has a free phone with switch - I know people who are sufficiently satisfied with their month-to-month plan

https://www.metropcs.com/cell-plans.html

https://www.metropcs.com/switc.....S4Gug

choco1

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 5:56 pm
Why don't you get an iPhone 4? They're perfectly fine and you can get from Groupn for really cheap I think something like $70.. Good luck!

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:06 pm
I just got a samsung j7 which is basically an s5, I'm happy with it, and , it was under 250. And its a brand new phone not a refurbishedbone.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:18 pm
choco1 wrote:
Why don't you get an iPhone 4? They're perfectly fine and you can get from Groupn for really cheap I think something like $70.. Good luck!

maybe not an iphone 4 which is a very old model at this point, but you can definitely get reasonably priced second hand iphones. My husband gets an annual upgrade and sells his year old phone each time. We've got second hand iphones for our kids for about $150 or so.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:08 pm
I think the iPhone 5 is free or very cheap because they are now on iPhone 6.

You should definitely stay in the apple universe because it simplifies syncing everything seamlessly and if there are issues, tech support can figure out which device is problematic.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:12 pm
You can look for a cheap iPhone SE, which has all the power of the iPhone 6 yet is cheaper because it's a smaller size.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:22 pm
Google Fi with Nexus?

fiji

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:38 pm
Get the iphone se
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics