Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
ISO Carriage recommendation

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:46 pm
Hi, my carriage is falling apart. I called to see about buying new parts. It'll be at least $50 when I'm done. I'm still thinking about going that route but wondering what my other options are. I currently have a city mini from 5-6 years ago. I now live in place that has limited sidewalks. I have a toddler and like to walk to drop off for camp, school... Which carriage would you recommend. I'm not in to buying brand names to seem fancy, just want a good carriage.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:08 pm
anyone?

busydev

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:21 pm
Do you need to put it in the car or bring it upstairs? Do you use it to shlep groceries? It sounds like you aren't just pushing on sidewalks.

I have a baby trend expedition. Not sure what it sells for now but it was around 125-150 when I bought it 4 years ago. It has air tires (like bike wheels) and pushes really smoothly. It has a decent basket, I never lacked for space but I don't use it for grocery shopping. It can take most if not all car seats. Some click and some have to use a little strap that fits into the place where you can seatbelt an infant seat into a car. At one time I put it into the trunk of my sedan daily. It's on the heavy side but it wasn't impossible. I never really bounced up more then 3 stairs so can't comment how easy or hard it is. Its wheels are pretty big so I would think it shouldn't be to hard. I got the double as well when I needed one. Well I got the baby trend navigator not the double expidition cause the navigator has bigger more separate seats (like 2 single expeditions) and can also take car seats on either side.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 9:49 pm
don't need for grocery shopping- nearest store is too far for walking Wink
need to bring it up one or two stairs but not much.
Every once in a while would put it in the trunk but not usually. When my kids were newborns I used a snap and go and was constantly putting in and taking out so if this could be a snap and go then I would be putting in the car otherwise not really and definitely not now.
we have a minivan if that makes a difference.
most will be on street or sidewalk but would like to be able to also go on grass.
how'd you pick that carriage?

fiji

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:21 pm
I went through a bunch of different gracos and had problems with all of them. Love love love my city miny!!!

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 11:15 pm
Citi mini

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 12:12 am
https://www.amazon.com/InStep-.....oller

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 7:58 am
mummiedearest- that looks interesting. Is the fact that it's supposedly heavy an issue? What made you choose it over the citymini? Does it have a basket underneath to hold the knapsack?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 11:40 am
bump?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 11:42 am
Mclaren
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics