Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How can I get blood out of white underwear

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:08 pm
How can I get blood out of white underwear? I tried adding a cup of bleach to a hot water load full of stained white underwear, and it only lightened the blood stains, but they are still visible. Is there any hope for getting old blood stains out? It's expensive to keep buying new white underwear all the time. Thanks!

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:12 pm
hydrogen peroxide works wonders on blood!

glamourmom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:12 pm
I don't know what will remove old blood stains. it may get lighter with subsequent washes. perhaps consider wearing black undies when on your period.

polka dots

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:17 pm
Try rubbing with salt
Peroxide also great.
Once you put it into dryer I think there is no hope left. When I see that stain didn't come out I hang dry and try again by next wash

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 12:33 pm
For next time always rinse fresh blood stains under cold water asap, then toss in the machine and wash as usual.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 1:44 pm
Rinse in cold water immediately. Don't rub the stain. Spray some winded on and soak. Ammonia breaks down the proteins in the blood according to my mother who can get any stain out if it isn't set.

But if the undies have been in the dryer already it may be a lost cause.

suremom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 2:01 pm
hydrogen peroxide. for stains upto a day old. spray and it should start sizzling. rinse/wash afterwards.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 4:21 pm
Old (and new) blood stains come out easily with windex. Just spray well and then throw into the washing machine to wash as usual. It's the hydrogen peroxide in there that does the trick in dissolving the blood specifically.

imamothertoo

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 10:08 pm
Definitely pour peroxide over the blood as soon as u can. But I wouldn't recommend wash as usual. I heard that blood stains should b washed In cold water. And do not throw into the dryer unless u r satisfied that the stain is completely gone.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 6:47 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to put hydrogen peroxide on my shopping list.

If peroxide comes into contact with colored garments, will it stain them permanently?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 6:50 pm
glamourmom wrote:
I don't know what will remove old blood stains. it may get lighter with subsequent washes. perhaps consider wearing black undies when on your period.

I only wear the white underwear once I think I have a good hefsek tahara. Sometimes though even after a good HT, the bleeding will come back or I still have some sort of spotting, but not enough to make me need to start over, so my white underwear goes through a lot.

suremom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 8:27 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to put hydrogen peroxide on my shopping list.

If peroxide comes into contact with colored garments, will it stain them permanently?

Not at all. try getting it in a spray bottle. or buy reg. bottle and pour over into spray bottle. it makes things way easier.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:32 pm
I soak mine in oxiclean before washing them and it works wonderfully
hot water sets stains so better not to use just in case

Marigold

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 11:06 pm
I vote what ra_mom said.
Windex bears peroxide hands down.

Marigold

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 11:06 pm
I vote what ra_mom said.
Windex beats peroxide hands down.

redstrawberry

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 12:52 am
A little of topic. I usually wash my babies clothes in hot water cuz I thought it cleans the stains better. But I just see that someone wrote that it sets stains? Also that shouldn't rub? I always thought rubbing helps remove stains..

crush

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 1:38 am

cheese cake

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 4:44 pm
I use oxi clean on blood stains & it works all the time. Ds got his new yt sweater all bloody the first night of a 3 day yt & it came out (after sitting for 3 days!) very easily. If u dont treat it with anything else first then it should work. A word of caution though, oxi clean can make holes in clothing if left for too long
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry