Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Shiras Devorah School Lakewood

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:20 pm
Hi, can anyone please give me any information about the school? The academics, parent body, overall? Interested in both the elementary and high school. Thank you

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:28 pm
Shiras Devorah is Bais Tova's high school. The parent body of the elementary school has a reputation for being the spoiled, entitlement type but from the people I know that send there only a handful are like that. The rest are lovely. I don't know anything about the academics but I know Mrs. David (Rabbi Tuvia Goldstien's daughter) is the principal at the high school and she is an amazing person. For that alone I would send my daughter there.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:32 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Shiras Devorah is Bais Tova's high school. The parent body of the elementary school has a reputation for being the spoiled, entitlement type but from the people I know that send there only a handful are like that. The rest are lovely. I don't know anything about the academics but I know Mrs. David (Rabbi Tuvia Goldstien's daughter) is the principal at the high school and she is an amazing person. For that alone I would send my daughter there.

Thanks for your reply. What is the academics like? How about the parent body? Yeshivish? Heimishe? Litvish? Chasidish? Anyone know? How big is the school?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 12:45 pm
It's considered to be high academics. The parent body is the more balabatish/yeshivish crowd. The school has a good reputation. They are known to have a certain image and rules that enforce that image. The crowd is Litvish to Heimish. If you are the type that can fit in to their box and toe the line it can be a good choice for you. I don't know how many classes they have per grade.

They are affiliated with Bais Tova elementary school, with similar type with regard to the parent body.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jul 16 2016, 11:44 pm
Chayalle wrote:
It's considered to be high academics. The parent body is the more balabatish/yeshivish crowd. The school has a good reputation. They are known to have a certain image and rules that enforce that image. The crowd is Litvish to Heimish. If you are the type that can fit in to their box and toe the line it can be a good choice for you. I don't know how many classes they have per grade.

They are affiliated with Bais Tova elementary school, with similar type with regard to the parent body.

Thank you, Chayalle. Can anyone please define " heimish"? Trying to see if Bais tova/shiras Devorah is the type of school for my kids.

sourstix

Post Sun, Jul 17 2016, 12:18 am
Heimishe people as far as I know have strong ties to the yeshivish a world and a strong tie to chasidish. Some wear a beketshe and bendown hat some even wear a gartel. Some want to enforce the kids speaking Yiddish so they send them to yeshivas where the rebbe and principle is chasidish. And they follow mix of yeshivish and chasidish minhagim. They can fit in either place. Living here in Lakewood and I have respect for all. As a Jew I love you all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics