Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Amazon synthetic wig
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
I just ordered a synthetic wig for 4. 83 from Amazon. Do u think it's a piece of cr@p?

Synthetic wigs at any price are often amazing at first, silky and look great. However, the biggest problem I've found with synthetic is that they look good for a very short while. Basically if you wear a synthetic one daily, within a few weeks, no matter how good your hair care, it is likely to be a frizzy mess. I love synthetics but find I can't wear them because of this alas. If you just want to wear it once in a while, it will last well.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 3:26 pm
Want to update I've worn it for two weeks already... The back is a frizzy mess so I wear it in a bun, but I've got comments that it looks nice. Not bad for a 4.83 wig

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
Want to update I've worn it for two weeks already... The back is a frizzy mess so I wear it in a bun, but I've got comments that it looks nice. Not bad for a 4.83 wig

Indeed. It's worth getting more than one of what you like so they last longer, that's what I've done with the synthetic ones.

moonbeam

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 3:47 pm
I buy Forever Young synthetic wigs and I love them! So comfortable and they look great. I get lots of complements, no one can tell it's a synthetic. I bought shampoo and conditioner and hair spray and I wash mine and can wear them a while before they wear out. I have noticed with synthetics that when they start to get knotty or frizzy it will usually be the ends first so I give mine a bit of a trim and I'm good to go for a while longer. My favorite forever young is one I cut about 4 inches off of and I get compliments on it more so than any wig I have ever had. It's also the oldest wig I have, it's a couple of years old.

For such a cheap price it really doesn't hurt to try it out!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 3:52 pm
Does it turn into a frizzy mess because its long do short ones last..?
Years ago every one that wore a wig wore synthetic , the few that wore human were not comparible to todays wigs. They claimed that ghe humans fell , did not hold the style..
A few years back a 'custom wig' that would friz would be the worst thing.. today it seems ppl want some friz

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
Does it turn into a frizzy mess because its long do short ones last..?
Years ago every one that wore a wig wore synthetic , the few that wore human were not comparible to todays wigs. They claimed that ghe humans fell , did not hold the style..
A few years back a 'custom wig' that would friz would be the worst thing.. today it seems ppl want some friz

I am certain the frizzy mess is because it is long yes. I personally don't wear short ones but I think synthetic short ones would last longer, good point. When it is on your shoulder the friction makes it frizzy. Custom wigs are generally blends that are human hair and synthetic. They last a bit longer and can be tamed more easily than synthetic but after a while, they too have quite a short shelf life compared to human hair. Blends are a good compromise if you are someone who likes to change their style frequently.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 10:33 am
can you please post link to the one you bought for $4.83?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 1:30 pm
Sorry can't find it but just google Amazon cheap synthetic wigs and you'll see a lot

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 18 2016, 11:24 am
I got this one , I'll let you know how it holds up.
I'm a big fan of synthetics. The prices of the sheitals are not justified in my opinion. I do have two sheitals for shabbos, simchas etc and work, but I never paid more than 700 for a sheital. I think it's just outrageous to pay that kind of money. I like synthetics bc I can just wash them and they "pop" back into the original style. No need to pay extra money for wash and sets and so on.

good luck

http://www.voguewigs.com/urban.....young.html

HI I'm the poster, that posted about this wig. Fortunately, the site I bought it from accepts returns. I knew I'd have to return it the minute I opened the box. The hair definitely looked like hair for women of color. It would have never worked for me. Not all forever young wigs are like that though. Most are "regular synthetic" type hair, but unfortunately this one wasn't.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 11:37 pm
eemachana: can you post a link to which wig you buy? thanks!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 3:18 pm
I have a jon renau that is like new for 3 years Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics