Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need a husband friendly cookbook

thegiver

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:38 am
He can hardly peel a potato. All he does is scramble eggs and boil pasta. I Need easy to follow simple tasty recipes (with pics preferred! --how else does a person get motivated to make the food!!)I Need to get husband to start cooking dinners ! I'm desperate plssss

LisaS

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:07 am
I love this idea! Guy friendly cookbook with very clear and precise instructions, kind of like a car manual.

My husband also barely cooks other than the occasional pot of pasta, but now my kids have started cooking. My 11 year old cooks better than I do. So BH I have help in the kitchen now and hope the same for you soon.

little_mage

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:32 am
For a good basic cookbook, I like Kitchen Sense. However, as much as I normally love books, for cooking, I'd actually recommend videos. Personally, I love Alton Brown's Good Eats; he not only tells you what to do, but why you're doing it (what's happening molecularly), so it's easier to apply it beyond the specific recipes. It's a pretty zany show. Craftsy.com also has a bunch of classes, including some free ones that you can try to get a sense of how they work. At one point, there was a free knife skills class, which might be a good starting point.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:36 am
If he's as bad as you describe I'd go with kbd kids in the kitchen or other such kids books. It tells you what kitchen utensils you'll need for the recipe and doesn't leave out any details.
But if it were my dh I'd prepare my own cookbook with 5 typed up recipes for simple dishes with clear instructions so as not to overwhelm.

samantha87

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:57 am
Quick and Kosher? Not the healthiest, but aimed at keeping it simple.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:37 am
um.... maybe he likes it that way. just sayin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics